Flying Lessons

Draco's pov:

After lunch, I was walking to the field with Crabbe and Goyle. I was still thinking on what professor Snape said.

-flashback-

"What is it, professor?" I asked. "Do you have feelings for Ms. Potter?" Snape questioned. "Pardon?" I asked nervously. "You heard me Malfoy." I was hesitant for a moment. "What if I do? Are you going to tell my father?" I asked a bit scared. "No, I won't. You have to be the one to tell him when your finally together." he said. "Together?" "You want be with her, don't you?"

I nodded curious on what was going to happen next. "Then listen to me when I tell you this. Use your time alone with her in detention wisely, and make her see who you really are and not for the reputation you're trying to keep." he said. I was just nodding along. "Protect her at all cost, make sure she never gets hurt . And no matter what happens, under any circumstances...don't...call her...a...filthy half-blood. Understand?" he said sternly.

I nodded. "Why are you helping me?" I questioned. "Because I lost my love because I didn't do what I told you." Snape said with a bit of sadness in his voice. He mumbled something to himself, but I didn't hear. I thought of those words for a moment. "And another thing," My attention went back to him. "Don't let anyone take her from you." He finished with a bit of anger in his voice. "You are dismissed." and with that I left.

-end of flashback-

Your pov:

I was on the field standing across from Harry and Ron. Micaela was next to me while Ruby was on the other side of me. The professor had arrived and spoke, "Good afternoon, class." "Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." the class chanted. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!" The class did as she said.

"Up!" I said and the broom went to my hand immediately as well as Harry's and Draco's. Draco looked at me and smirked which I returned. Ron was getting frustrated with his, then the broom went up and hit him in the face. Harry and I both started laughing at him.

"Shut up you two." Ron said. Once everyone got their broom Madam Hooch continued, "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." Neville started to fly up higher and higher.

"Mr. Longbottom." Hooch spoke. He just keep going higher. The class was calling his name, while some Slytherins snickered. "M-Mr. Longbottom." Neville quickly started to fly quickly around the field. His robe got caught on a statue which made him stop. He slipped out of his robe, but luckily his vest caught on a torch light post, then he hit the ground not too hard.

Madam Hooch rushed to his side "Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Oh boy, come on now, up you get." I turned around to see Draco pick up Neville's remembrall. "Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch." She finished and left the field.

Once she was out of site Draco snickered, "Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass." "That's mean Draco." I spoke. Then parkinson decided to join. "That's the point, Potter." I glared at her.

"I wasn't talking to you, pug face." I spat while some of my friends cooed. "Give it here, Malfoy." I turned to see Harry facing Draco. "No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Draco said. He mounted his broom and took off. "How about on the roof?"

He stopped and hovered. "What's the matter Potter, bit beyond your reach." He said with a smug smile on his face. "Don't be like this, Draco." I said loud enough for him to hear. "I told you he was no good." Harry said mounting his broom.

"Harry, no! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly." Hermione spoke up. Harry ignored her and took off. "What an idiot." She said. "The things I do for my brother." I huffed mounting my broom and taking off as well.

I meet both of them in the sky. "Boys, this is ridiculous. Lets all get down before we get in trouble." I said but they just ignored me. "Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry spoke. "Is that so?" Draco said. Harry charged at Draco but he spun and dodged him.

"Have it your way then." Draco said then threw the remembrall. Harry quickly went after it. I looked down and saw that pansy threw a pine cone at him. That could hit Harry, I need to catch it before it does. I flew off after it.

Harry caught the remembrall and stopped quickly before it and he hit the window. I caught the pine cone in midair and threw it back to where it came from. "Nice throw, princess." Harry beamed "Awesome catch." I beamed back.

We flew back to the field and everyone was cheering for us. Draco went up to me and was about to say something, but then was interrupted. "Potters!" It was McGonagall. "Follow me please." Harry and I signed and started to follow her. Before I left I looked back at Draco. "I'm sorry." He said "And here I thought you were different." I said before leaving with McGonagall. I gave Draco one last burning look then continued walking.

She lead both of us inside and took us to a class room. McGonagall opened the door and spoke "Excuse me, excuse me, Professor Quirrell. Could I borrow Wood and Flint for a moment?" She asked. He nodded. Two boys, one from Gryffindor and the other from Slytherin, walked outside to meet us. They looked at eachother angrily before stepping out.

"Harry (Y/N), this is Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint." McGonagall introduced. "Wood, I found you a new seeker." McGonagall beamed motioning to Harry. "And Flint I found you a new chaser." she said motioning to me. Harry and I shared a confused look.

The two boy examined us for a moment after McGonagall left. "Though McGonagall's a Gryffindor, she knows a Quidditch player when she sees one." Flint spoke up. "I agree with you for once. And they're both Potters so it's even better." Wood said. "We'll teach you both the game tomorrow after school. Together." "Fine." Flint huffed.

They both went back inside the class. Harry and I smiled at eachother and walked back to class together happily. "Looks like were gonna play against eachother. So, don't get mad when I win." I said smugly. "You in your dreams, princess." Harry joked and we both giggled.