The Malfoys

A/N: Read till the very end because there will be a sneak peak of the book version at the end. I hope you all enjoy -Skippy

I was in the library by myself, Draco went to go do something with his father. I search the library for a book on magical creatures Draco told me about. As I was searching I started to sing. "Raindrops on roses. And whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favorite things."

"Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels." I heard a voice sing. I turned around to see Mrs. Malfoy smiling. "Doorbells and sleigh bells. And schnitzel with noodles. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings. These are a few of my favorite things." She sang and motioned me to keep going.

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. Silver-white winters that melt into springs. These are a few of my favorite things." I sang smiling. We started to sing together. "When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things. And then I don't feel so bad." We finished.

We both started laughing a bit. "I thought I was the only one here." I said. "I over heard you as I passed by. Draco told me that you had a beautiful voice." She smiled. "I didn't know you knew The Sound of Music." "I do, along with some other songs I would sing to Draco when he was young."

"My parents sang to Harry and I as well." I said. "Do you know the song: Never Enough?" She questioned and I nodded. "Well, how about you sing while I play it on the piano." She said and sat down at the piano that was in the library. "Alright." I said. She started playing and then motioned me to start.

I'm trying to hold my breath
Let it stay this way
Can't let this moment end
You set off a dream with me
Getting louder now
Can you hear it echoing?
Take my hand
Will you share this with me?
'Cause darling without you

All the shine of a thousand spotlights
All the stars we steal from the nightsky
Will never be enough
Never be enough
Towers of gold are still too little
These hands could hold the world but it'll
Never be enough
Never be enough

For me
Never, never
Never, never
Never, for me
For me
Never enough
Never enough
Never enough
For me
For me
For me

All the shine of a thousand spotlights
All the stars we steal from the nightsky
Will never be enough
Never be enough
Towers of gold are still too little
These hands could hold the world but it'll
Never be enough
Never be enough

For me
Never, never
Never, never
Never, for me
For me
Never enough
Never, never
Never enough
Never, never
Never enough
For me
For me
For me

For me

I finished and looked at Mrs. Malfoy. She was looking at me in awe. Then we heard clapping from the door. We turned to see Draco and Mr. Malfoy looking at us in awe. I bowed playfully then Draco came up to me. "We over heard you once we came home." He smiled wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yes, and might I say, (Y/N), you have a beautiful voice." Mr. Malfoy complemented. "And might I add that, you have the perfect voice for that song. Not many girls your age are able to sing that song perfectly without their voice cracking." Mrs. Malfoy said. "Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy." I smiled.

"Please call me, Narcissa." Mrs. Malfoy smiled. Her gaze went down my outfit then she furrowed her eyebrows. "My dear, your pants are worn down from the bottom." She said. "Yeah, these are old pairs. All of my clothes are like this." I replied. "I see. Do you wear any make up?" She asked. "No, I don't." I replied.

"I thought you were right now!" She replied. "A natural beauty. How refreshing." Narcissa said taking my face in her hands examining me. "You said all your clothes were worn down?" She asked and I nodded. "I know what this calls for." She said. "A shopping spree!"

"You don't have too." "I insist, besides I can never pass up an opportunity to go shopping." She beamed. "Let's go." "Good luck." Draco smirked. "Good luck?" I questioned. It was too late, Narcissa grabbed my arm happily and took me to get a whole new wardrobe.

-

I was in the kitchen baking a cake while Draco was out with his mother. I was bored so I thought why not. I had just finished frosting it when I heard a voice. "I didn't know you baked." It was Mr. Malfoy. "Harry and I usually bake when the muggles were gone." "Draco told me you lived with muggles."

"Yeah, not the worlds best muggles I might add." I joked and he chuckled a bit. "When Harry and I baked we would always have a fight with frosting." "Well that's odd, everyone would know that it's better to fight with flour."

I turned to him confused but then he blew flour in my face and laughed. "You're on, Malfoy." I laughed and blew flour back in his face. We started fought with the flour and laughed. "What's going on here?" Draco asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Yes, what happened here?" Narcissa questioned. We looked at each other and nodded then grabbed some flour without them noticing. "Your father told me that the best ingredient to fight with besides frosting, is flour." I smirked.

Draco looked at me confused then I blew flour in his face and Mr. Malfoy did the same to Narcissa. "I'll get you, Potter." Draco laughed. We all started throwing flour at each other laughing. "Lucius Malfoy, what is that on his face?" Narcissa smiled. He looked at her confused.

"Is that a smile?" She joked and we all laughed. "Thank you, (Y/N), I can't remember the last time I had this much fun." He said. "You're welcome, Mr. Malfoy." I responded. "Please, call me Lucius." Draco looked at me and smiled.
                            Sneak Peak

3rd person pov:

That night about ten years ago, a breeze ruffled the neat hedges of Privet Drive, which lay silent and tidy under the inky sky, the very last place you would expect astonishing things to happen. Harry and Y/N Potter rolled over inside their blankets without waking up.

Their small arms around each other closed on the letter beside them that they slept on, not knowing they were special, not knowing they were famous, not knowing they would be woken in a few hours' time by Mrs. Dursley's scream as she opened the front door to put out the milk bottles.

Nor that Harry would spend the next few weeks being prodded and pinched by his cousin Dudley while Y/N protected Harry by scaring Dudley off... They couldn't know that at this very moment, people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices: "To Harry and Y/N Potter -- the twins who lived!"