Harry & Hayley

“Hayley! Where the fuck are you?!” A loud shout echoed through the field. Hayley sat crossed legged at the bottom of the field next to her captor in silence. The stars were spread across the summer night’s sky, but there was a chill in the air, especially right now. She brought Zayn’s varsity jacket closer around her for warmth.

“I fucking hate you.” The husky voice spat out again. Hayley couldn’t help but let out a scoff.

“That’s rich, you loved me earlier.” She replied, before looking over the teenage boy in disgust. She couldn’t believe that he had sunk so low. When he had first pushed her off the step, now that was a low, but now a kidnapping? This was just turning into One Tree Hill.

“Oh shut the fuck up, would you? Who would really love you?” The voice spat out again. That insult hurt. Hayley bit on her lip and stayed quiet. It would take more than one lunchtime and a confrontation to make her stronger than him. She told herself to be strong, before she looked at him.

“Somehow, you do. And yes, I do agree with you, why the fuck would anyone like me. I’m nothing. But, I must mean something for you.” She replied quietly, before looking at the boy next to her. He pulled down his hood and let his brown curls free, before looking at her angrily.

“Don’t talk about yourself like that!” He told her angrily, before he took her arms and held her closer to him.

“Why do you talk about yourself like that? You have no idea how amazing you are.” He told me, his voice sounding so desperate it was unreal. She looked over him and shook her head.

“Because of you, Harry, and you know that.” She told him bluntly, before looking at her feet. Harry let go of her and sat back to how he was.

“I’m sorry…I know that you hate me. I’m not surprised. I mean, look at me. What normal person does this? But I just wanted to see you. To make sure.” Harry replied slowly. Hayley looked up at him curiously.

“To make sure?” she asked him, actually wanting to hear what he had to say.

“Look, sometime soon I need to make a choice. But I’m too confused right now…I thought that if I did this, I’d maybe understand, but I still fucking don’t!” Harry outburst angrily, before putting his head into his hands. Hayley swallowed all the feelings of being scared and timid inside her.

“This is about me and Louis, isn’t it.” She simply stated, trying to be as confident as possible. There was a silence, before Harry spoke.

“Yeah.” He simply whispered.

“I’m going to be honest for a moment, and I want you to just listen to me. But there’s two versions of Harry. There’s that disgusting, pathetic, fucking idiotic side of you, that makes me want to fucking kill you. But, there’s something else. Deep, deep down.” She explained, looking at him. For once, he didn’t interrupt. He listened to her and gave her his full concentration.

“There’s a part of you deep down that really loves Louis. And I can see that. I’ve always seen something, I just didn’t know what it was, and well, now I do. But you want him, Harry. You could be such a nice guy, I’d love to put everything in the past and be your friend. Or atleast acquaintances, but this old Harry won’t let you admit that it’s Lou you want, it makes you think me, for some barmy reason.” She went on, feeling much more at ease. She looked at him. He was like a small child, so vulnerable. His emotions were so raw at the moment. She shuffled up closer to him, and he looked at her cautiously.

“Close your eyes, Harry.” She simply told him, before sitting in front of him, cross-legged. He stayed silent and looked at her for a moment, before his eyelids slowly closed.

“I want you to think about Louis.” She told him again, before she leaned in and pressed her lips against his. He didn’t move, although he responded to the kiss surprisingly. She ended the kiss, not really wanting to kiss him anymore, and then sat back where she was.

“Open your eyes.” She told him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked right at her, shaking his head.

“I’m sorry…you’re a cute kisser…but, it’s Louis, it’s gotta be Lou. It was always Lou, deep down. I’m sorry I did all of this.” Harry quickly spilled out, before he scrambled onto his feet.

“Harry, wait.” Hayley called, before she jumped up too and held onto his arm. She slipper her hand into his and looked up at him.

“I’m going to be here for you. This is our new start. No more bullshit.” She demanded, squeezing his hand. He nodded his head and then pulled her into a tight hug.

“I’m just so sorry.” He whispered into her ear, pleadingly.

“I know. Now go home, go to sleep, and I’ll send Louis around in the morning. Please take care of yourself.” She told him caringly, before kissing his cheek. He smiled, and then walked away from her. She watched him walk away in the dark. She smiled to herself, proud of what she had accomplished. Suddenly, there was a cough from behind her. She jumped and quickly turned around to see Zayn, stood in front of her looking hard faced.

“Zayn-” She started, before he interrupted.

“Don’t bother, please. Save your words for Curly.” Zayn told her sourly, before he pulled his coat from her shoulders and walked back towards the others in the camp. With every good thing that happened to her, there was always a knock down effect to her little decisions.