Liam

Liam and Hayley were sat in the school gym. Hayley was sat playing around on Liam’s iPod, while he did press-ups. It was empty for once, and the two were spending their lunch break there. Liam heard his iPod change song once more, and he sat up and looked at Hayley.

“Yo girl,” he started. She looked up at him innocently.

“What?” she asked, before stuffing a chicken wrap in her mouth.

“Pick a song, stick to the song. Okay?” Liam laughed. She rolled her eyes and dropped the iPod, before picking up a magazine instead. Liam rolled his eyes and smiled before going back to his sit-ups.

“16…17…” He mouthed, counting each one he did.

“Okay! I get it, you’re fit and healthy, you don’t have to brag in front of the lazy people.” Hayley laughed, still reading the magazine. Liam rolled his eyes and continued, purposely counting the numbers louder to annoy his best friend. Suddenly the door to the gym suite burst open, and Niall and Amaia walked inside, hand in hand. Hayley looked up with a smile.

“Hey babe! You guys look happy.” Hayley called. Amaia rushed over to Hayley looking concerned.

“Hayley, did Harry cover you in blue paint last night?” She asked desperately. Liam sat up quickly and looked at Niall and then Amaia. That was the last thing he wanted to hear about today. Hayley bit on her lip and shrugged.

“Yes? No? Hayley, you can tell me…” Amaia begged, sitting down next to her.

“She doesn’t have to tell anybody…” Liam quickly defended. Amaia ignored him and continued to look at Hayley.

“Yeah…yeah he did.” Hayley replied, her voice going quiet.

“Why? Hayley, details!” Amaia urged.

“He made a joke and put some paint on me, that’s all…” Hayley replied, as if it wasn’t a bad thing. Liam scoffed, his mood now changing.

“Are you serious? Okay, his exact words were ‘what do you get when you cross a dog and blue paint?’ And then poured half a bottle of blue paint down you, before saying ‘Hayley’!” Liam suddenly said, standing up and looking at Niall and Amaia. Amaia looked down at Hayley.

“Girl, how could you not tell me that?” Amaia asked, looking upset. Hayley shrugged.

“I don’t want the world knowing Harry Styles poured paint over me…” She replied, picking at the ends of her hair.

“She’s got a point. It’s all in the past, over, done.” Liam said, even though he knew he wasn’t going to just drop this for a long while either. He hadn’t seen Harry today and he was hoping that he wouldn’t, or else there would be hell to pay.

“Amaia, I love you, you’re one of my closet friends, but don’t worry about any of this, okay?” Hayley said, jumping up and taking her hands. Amaia looked at her for a moment before sighing.

“Fine, fine. But anything else happens, and I mean anything, I’m getting involved.” Amaia said sternly. Hayley shrugged.

“Okay, but nothing will happen again.” Hayley urged. Liam could tell the smile on her face was forced, and they both knew that that probably wasn’t the last of it either.