Harry

“You’re such a fucking sell out, Louis!” Harry spat, before he charged into the upper schoolboys toilets. Louis walked in behind him with a sigh.

“Yeah, maybe I am a sell out, but I’m doing what’s best for everyone else.” Louis replied. Harry leant against the wall and slowly slid down it. The toilets were empty, and to keep them that way, Louis locked the main toilet door so they couldn’t be interrupted. Harry let out a ragged sigh and tried to control the sobs that were dying to be released from his body. If anyone at school caught him crying then his reputation was ruined. That’s when it hit him. Liam Payne knew all about Harry pushing Hayley over, when other people around school found out, what would they think of Harry? He was in the shit now. Great.

“Fucking hell!” Harry let out angrily, before he outstretched his legs and ruffled his hands in his brown hair. Louis sighed as he stood leaning against the wall on the other side of the boys toilets, looking over Harry.

“It’s for both you, and her own good. Maybe now you’ll stop acting like such a dick to her.” Louis told him, before he went over and sat next to him slowly. They were too good as friends to fall out over something like this.

“I don’t want to be a dick to her, I just…I can’t help it.” Harry spoke up quietly. Tears were rolling down his cheek. Louis sighed and then opened up his backpack, and pulled out a bar of chocolate, before he passed it to Harry.

“Why do you do it then, Harry?” Louis asked, as he looked at him. Harry shook his head. Harry let out a sigh before he looked at his best friend. It was time the truth finally came out. Sure, Louis knew most bits about the whole story, but Harry doubted he knew what this all really was about.

“You can tell me, Hazza.” Louis prompted him. Harry nodded and wiped the tears from his eyes and cheeks.

“She was my best friend in primary school. She was like, my favourite girl. When we both found out we were both going here, we were so excited, we’d put on our new uniforms together. I told her that we’d both be best friends, we’d be popular, we’d own the school, and that’s when it all went down hill…she shook her head and said, why would you want to be popular? What’s wrong with just being ourselves and making new friends that’ll love us for ourselves, and I snapped. I wanted to give her everything, and all she wanted to do was make new friends and be with new people, not me. She wanted to replace me, like I was something to be replaced.” Harry explained, remembering it all like it was yesterday, and not around five years ago. Louis had never heard any of this. He knew they had been friends in primary school, and he knew that Harry had had feelings for her, but Louis never knew any of this.

“That’s what pissed me off. It still pisses me off.” Harry said, his hands started to shake as he remembered when he had first seen how Hayley and Liam were walking around school hanging out.

“She started hanging out with Liam, he lived on her street and they were always hanging out. Yeah, they’re just friends, but it should have been me. I was willing to follow her anywhere around the world, yet she just cast me to one fucking side.” Harry went on, spilling everything like a tap.

“And because of that, you got angry and acted out.” Louis spoke up finally. Harry nodded.

“Yeah, I acted out. I didn’t mean to pour the milkshake on her that day. When it all started. She walked past me and looked at me when I was with Aiden and the other girls. The way she looked at me. She just smiled a little and then walked on, and something in my head snapped.” Harry sighed, now looking up at the ceiling.

“You were mad because she had moved on, and you didn’t want too. You still don’t want too, and that’s why you’ve been like this.” Louis added again. Harry nodded.

“Yeah.” He simply said, before he opened the packaging of the chocolate bar.

“Do you know what you’re going to do now?” Louis asked, looking at his best friend. Harry shrugged.

“You’ve got to tell her all of this, Harry. She has no idea about any of this. You owe it to her, after all of the shit that you put her through.” Louis told him sternly. Harry scoffed.

“I don’t want to talk to her!” Harry scolded, looking at Louis angrily. After he had poured everything out to Louis, how the hell did Louis think he would say this to Hayley?

“You owe it to her, don’t you think?” Louis simply replied. Harry looked at Louis in silence.

“I guess so…I’ll tell her. Will you help me?” Harry asked. Louis looked over his friend and saw how vulnerable and innocent he really was. Louis nodded almost immediately, before the two boys hugged each other tightly. They both released each other from the tight hug slowly and looked at each other with smiles.

“Why are you friends with me, Louis?” Harry asked, with a slight smile. Louis simply smiled back at him. He slowly leaned in and kissed Harry’s lips, before parting and then getting up onto his feet. Harry simply watched him leave the room, a million and one thoughts rushing around his head.