Hayley

I rolled my eyes as I walked away from the group of taunting teenagers. People were just so pathetic and it was just…pathetic. We were all in year eleven, and yet everyone was still going out of their way to purposely hurt other people’s feelings. It’s not like we had preliminary exams or anything to   

    do in the next few months, was it? Urgh! I clutched onto the broken Hello Kitty folder in my arms, remembering how Harry Styles and his gang had broken it, before letting all of the papers fly away, across the school gates. This wasn’t even that bad though. That’s how terrible this whole situation was. I sniffed and held back all of the tears, as I remembered all of the names that they had all called me, not just then, but since year seven. Pancake, which referred to how I was flat chested. In year nine I was known as the trannie, because I had a haircut and had my hair cut into a pixie cut. It took so much courage to do, and then after all of the name calling, I’d spent the next two years growing it, so it was now the length it was now. Then of course, there was the normal, bitch, cow, faggot. All Harry and his friends had to do was say my name and it sounded like an insult. I clutched desperately onto my broken folder and all of the paper work before running off into the gym, before finding my way into the fitness suite, where one of the only people I could ever trust would be. I knew by now there were tears falling down my cheeks. I sniffed again, as I looked across the school’s gym, before seeing Liam Payne, one of my only friends. He was a fitness fanatic, and you just had to look at his biceps to see that. The gym was always empty before and after school, apart from Liam, who spent a lot of time in here. He was listening to his iPod as he ran on the treadmill. I walked over to the treadmill before standing in front of it. Liam jumped and stumbled a little in shock, before he climbed off the machine. He switched it off before pulling out his earphones and looking at me in concern.

“I…I thought they might leave me alone this year…” I sniffed, before dropping my now useless folder onto the ground in despair. Liam looked over me with his dark brown eyes; his dusty blonde-brown hair swooped across his face. He was still a little breathless, but held his arms out for a hug nevertheless.

“Look what they did Liam! My new folder…it took a month to ship over from Japan, it’s an original, and now it’s just…urgh!” I cried angrily. Liam looked over me, now recovered with his breath. They never picked on him, he was well liked through the school, because of his efforts in sports. But me? Oh, for some reason or another I was the punching bag.

“Why is it me, Liam? What did I do?” I whispered, before shuffling into his arms. He was hot and sweaty but I didn’t care anymore, he was the only person I’ve ever trusted since we had met.

“Hayley, they’re jealous. You’re a beautiful girl, you have more character and originality than Nicole and Kayleigh have grains of orange foundation on their faces. Okay? This year you said you were going to be strong, babe.” Liam told me, squeezing me tight.

“I was trying so hard Liam, I really was.” I whimpered, glad that I had him as a friend.

“I know, come on. We have to get to form. Why don’t you wait around here, I’ll go get changed.” I nodded, before he gave me one last hug and went off to get changed, while I sat down and started picking up all of my paperwork and my broken folder.