Chapter 60

I can only apologise for the long wait since the last chapter. The steady readers know that I normally update every week. It's been crazy busy though with the internship, I'm simply exhausted and forget to update at times. I hope you understand and enjoy the next chapter, I hope it was worth the wait. 

"What are you doing, Merida?" Harry questioned when he walked into the living room of Nottingham cottage. he'd just gone out for a drink with Skip and it wasn't as if they needed to join everything they did together. They already worked side by side after all. Sometimes it was nice to not have to look at each other's faces.

"Playing the Piano." she quipped with a raised eyebrow as she watched him from the corner of her eye. He threw his head back and could only laugh as he joined her on the couch. "really, I don't see a piano anywhere." he told her with a smirk as he turned his head to look around the room.

He lifted her legs and moved back against the backrest, before putting her legs in his lap. she let out a small groan when he started to rub her feet. "Don't stop," she told him, sure she was used to wearing heels at the office, but she was more sat on her ass than walking around like she did now visit places.

"Now I started something." he chuckled as he moved a bit to rub her feet better. "So what are you watching?" he asked her as his attention turned to the TV screen, he could tell you it was a documentary, but more than that, he wouldn't be able to say.

"ancient aliens," she told him as she rested her hand on his shoulder, rubbing her thumb in a circle. "What is it about?" he wondered and she could hear the smirk in his voice, even if it wasn't on his face. "Aliens playing the Piano," she said in a deadly serious tone, before both of the burst out in laughter.

"No it's something I used to watch, I'm not saying I completely believe it, but they have some good facts and I can still learn something besides the alien talk," she told him with a shrug of her shoulder, she realised she hadn't actually watched it with Harry around yet. Normally it was on every time when she used to study, something to have in the background. But then it was quite interesting as well, mostly they dove into the history of humanity, not bad when you were studying history. But she didn't want Harry to think he'd proposed to a crazy nutter so put that in front of what she was about to say.

"It's about sites and stuff in history that would suggest that aliens were involved back then. Personally, I really love that theory, wouldn't that be awesome," she told him with a chuckle, no matter what, the idea that it had happened was pretty exciting and cool to her. Especially for someone so into space like her.

"How can they even now that?" he asked with a confused shake of his head as he turned to look at her. "Evidence, The sophistication of some of the structures back then are too complicated for humans to match it even now. People can't even build a proper Pyramid at the moment, but they could thousands of years ago. Either we're missing some really important fact, or people have just gotten dumber with time." she told him in a such a tone that he couldn't help but laugh at the last part of her comment.

"You're convinced of it ?" he asked her, he could hear the passion in her voice. She spoke in that tone when she was really into something when her heart was in it. With her it was quite a lot of stuff, he heard it more often than not. But then again, she didn't speak or do things she wasn't passionate about.

"Convince is a big word," she told him, her head tilted to the side. "I like the idea, I'd like to believe it. "I'm convinced and certain that people should already...." she finished trying to come up with the right words. This as one thing she was incredibly passionate about, she'd even studied it and tried to make it her job. History and how it all came to be and why it all came to be. Yes, she asked those questions to basically everything. Her friends didn't joke she was Aristotle reincarnated at times. She just needed to figure things out. Jens had even joked to get her IQ tested, she'd done it a few years ago and had gotten quite a high score, Maybe she should do it out of pure curiosity that was. She just needed to figure and know the answer to all the questions in her mind, that alone she was quite passionate about. It was probably the reason why she was so passionate about all the other things she loved.