Chapter 47

So I want to thank all of you for your lovely comments on the previous chapter. I'm glad all of you still are willing to live on this journey between Harry and Liv. So please enjoy. 

Two hours after they arrived at the hospital they made their way back to the parked car. With nine stitches in her hand, wrapped in a bandage and a prescription of antibiotics they made their way towards home.

Of course, when they got home and had to continue preparing dinner she was using it as an excuse to not help at all. She'd already gotten throughout the entire preparation of dinner and even whilst eating Steve had helped her.

Even as they washed the remaining dishes she sat gloating on the high chair that she couldn't help. "You know if you don't stop gloating soon I might pour one of these over your head." Liv threatened, holding up the bowl she was washing and pouring the water out in the water filled sink.

"You wouldn't." she said, looking a bit alarmed, both of them knew that Liv usually carried out her threats, even if it was just to make it a point.

"No?" Liv questioned with a raised eyebrow in her direction, her voice a little higher than usual as she eyed her sister. "Okay girls." her gran and Kathy, her best friend said at once, shaking their heads at the antics of the two grown women.

Putting the pot back down in the water and starting to scrub on it, Liv resigned herself not to drench her sister yet. But soon if she didn't stop acting like that she would carry out her threat. "Mia's asking if you're okay?" Liz suddenly said, looking up from her phone on which she was doing whatever she did.

"For crying out loud." Liv groaned in annoyance, the entire day she'd been dealing with questions of people asking what had happened. "Didn't those people have anything else to do but post tweets and messages on FaceBook that I was in the hospital," Liv added as she rubbed her head with her arm in annoyance.

"Will you tell her I'm perfectly alright that it was you who got injured and that I'll call her in an hour or so." she asked her sister with a tilted head as she continued doing the dishes.

***

"So what happened?" she could hear Mia's relieved voice ask as Liv called her after cleaning up the remaining things downstairs.

"Don't ask me what happened, I was in the living room and then there was this clattering of things. Rushed in the kitchen to see Liz holding up her bloodied hand. Of course, it didn't last very long before she fainted. So we rushed to the A&E and had to spend over two hours there on Christmas, not how I imagined it." Liv told her with amusement and a shake of her head as she took a sip of her wine as she sat on her window seat.

"Only you two." Mia barked with laughter over the line. "Don't laugh." Liv snickered as she shook her head.

"So that was my Christmas," Liv told her with a small sigh. "It can't have been that bad," Mia noted. "I don't know. It sucks that I'm alone here. I thought, yea Liz is single, so I won't be completely alone and then Steve showed up and I'm like the only single adult around." Liv admitted with a small sigh as she shook her head, she wasn't sure why it bothered her so much.

Yes, she had her moments when she had truly been single, Christmas usually was her down moments, despite it being her favourite time of the year.

"you miss Harry." Mia noted with an 'I get it' tone. "I do, it sucks that he's in Sandringham and I'm alone here." she agreed, taking another sip of her wine. "Misery loves company." Mia chuckled and Liv couldn't help but chuckle along in agreement.

"Who knows, maybe next year, you'll get to spend Christmas together." Mia tried with a hopeful tone. "You know something I don't?" Liv questioned with a snort. "No."Mia declined, but she could hope, she had seen them in the last year, having seen them through their falls and battles. If they weren't a strong couple, that she doubted anyone could be. If anyone deserved to be happy it was Harry and Liv and she truly hoped that their fairy tale would indeed get a fairy tale moment that year.