Chapter Twenty Three

First of all thanks for the lovely comments, it's heartwarming and motivating to know that this story is being liked so much. I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter as well. 

She heard the everyone around her gasp in surprise as she stepped through the doorway. Well, she did look horrible that was for sure. the half of her face was swollen, black and blue, cut lip and that's only what they could see on the surface.

her eyes never left Harry, though, she was so delighted to see him there. She wouldn't have to call him, she felt a relief rush through her body.

he took a hesitant step towards her when she gave her head a slight nod he rushed towards her. she opened her one arm and bit her teeth when he enveloped her in his arms. She threw her good arm around him and took comfort in them.

she felt the excruciating pain filling her chest, radiating from her ribs, stomach and shoulder. But she didn't care, the only thing that mattered to her right now was that she was back in Harry's arms. In the arms of the man that she loved so much, regardless of what happened the last two months.

she couldn't help the hiss leaving her lips though when he squeezed her against him. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you more," he whispered pulling back and looking down at her, tucking a lose strand of her hair behind her ear.

He took a step back but she wouldn't have any of that, no she pulled him back against her and held onto him for dear life. she ignored the pain in her body, cause for the first time since the hell began she felt safe again.

"it's fine," she told him, her good arm squeezing him against her. "I just need to be careful and for you to hold me," she told him as her head rested in the crook of his neck.

she took comfort from him and being in his arms, sniffling she pulled back and looked up at him through her one eye. she needed to say what was on her chest. "Harry, I am so sorry about the way I acted, I was such fool. Please forgive me." she almost begged of him, her good hand squeezing his one. Hoping beyond hope that he would forgive her and take her back.

"Love there's nothing to forgive. It's I who should be asking your forgiveness Please take me back. I can't imagine my life without you." he whispered against the skin of her neck as he pulled her back in his arms.

he felt her nod yes against him and he ran his hand up and down her back. "Thank god," he muttered, kissing the side of her head before pulling her back so he could get a good look at her.

he nearly burst out in tears at seeing her that way. They really had done a number on her and that was only the things he could see so far. Leaning down he pecked her lips carefully.

He intertwined their hands and she felt something hard hit her legs and stomach. Not expecting the collision, she hadn't been able to brace herself for it and tears sprung to her each as she hissed out in pain.

The sharp intake of breath made it feel as if her ribs and chest were on fire. Maybe being on an IV wasn't such a bad idea after all. The pain was manageable at least with the painkillers given to her body directly through her blood.

looking down she saw Nathan looking up at her, tears streaming down his little cheeks. Trying to crouch down, she gave Harry a small smile as he helped her towards the couch and helped her sit down.

"I'm sorry Liv I didn't mean to hurt you," he muttered standing at her knees, his small hand resting on her one knee. as if he was afraid to even touch her.

it almost broke her heart to see him afraid of hurting her and speaking with such a tone. She reached out her good arm and pulled him against her. God how close she had come to losing him. Holding him against her as she did, it reminded her of the four kids they had saved.