Chapter Seven

SO first of all thanks to the likers. I really appreciate it. I'd love to hear what you think though.So please leave behind a comment.

Sitting alone on the plane had given me some time to reflect on the last few weeks. So much had happened and changed already, since Liv walked into my life.

It was a bit scary how much my life had changed since meeting her. and now here I was sitting on a plane headed to Mystique for said women.

I finally had a girlfriend, who took me for who I was as a person. Not for my title or fame.

She could make you so comfortable that it was almost easy to forget what was going on when you weren't with her. I could talk to her about anything I wanted without having to worry, she would laugh at me, or go running to the paps.

She had been there no matter what, on the ice when I'd hit a particularly hard moment. being alone with your thoughts had the tendency to make you reflect on some stuff. she had been there listening, giving me the support I needed in that moment. I had basically been a stranger. but still, she had given me the comfort I was looking for without knowing it myself.

she'd been there for the team as well, supporting us every way. listening to their story when they had hit their reflective moment. never faltering in what she was doing, still. despite walking next to a soldier, listening.

she was an exceptional woman, that far I knew already. I could call myself a lucky bastard to have her fall for me. I had realised quite early on that she was loyal and selfless to a fault, putting others first.

she was passionate, committed, devoted about the things she believed in and did. honest in each and every word she spoke with. she was indeed an exceptional woman.

I hoped I could change her selflessness a bit. so that sometimes she would put herself first. and even if she herself didn't. I certainly would. I wanted to make her see how special and wonderful she was and I would tell her so every day of my life if I had to. I would take care of her for the rest of my life.

I knew she still had that secret I had overheard at the airport. she hadn't told me and every time I asked about it, she'd steer me in another direction. avoiding the subject. I just hoped that with getting together, she'd finally trust me enough to tell me. I wanted to help her.

looking out the window, the only thing I could see was darkness, not one light. but the pulsating light at the wing of the plane.

I assumed we were still flying somewhere over the Atlantic. Looking at my watch I saw we only had half an hour of flying to do. before I had left London, I'd managed to find out where they were staying from Luke.

and the closer we got to Mystique, the happier and excited I got. I couldn't wait to see her again, to hug her in my arms and kiss her. kiss her decently, not a fleety kiss like she'd given me back at her apartment when we said goodbye. I wanted to show her how much I loved her already with the kiss. I needed to show her.

arriving at the airport had me bouncing down the steps and into the airport. the humid sea air surrounding me. Renting a car we started driving the 20-minute ride to her hotel the Firefly. Hoping to get there before she woke up.

****

Liv's pov.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as I was awoken quite rudely by the pounding on the door.

"ooooh, for crying out loud, Jens If that's you. I'll make sure you won't be able to have children anytime soon," she yelled out frustrated, running a hand through her hair.