Chapter 24

First of thanks to all those commenting, you have no idea how much that means to me to read these comments. I hope you like this new chapter as well

She sat on Harry's lap for a long time, until she calmed down enough. And then she just enjoyed being in his lap and arms. She felt safe in them like nothing bad could happen to her again.

she felt unbelievable relieved and free after telling Harry what had happened in Africa. Her shoulders didn't feel as if they had the weight of the world on their shoulders.

"Harry?" she whispered. looking up and getting his attention, he hadn't stopped running his hand up and down her arm. 

"You do know that I love you right? I might not have shown it in the last couple of days, but I do, honestly," she told him, lifting her head so that she was looking him straight in the eye. She could never thank him enough for what he had done during the entire week. 

"Of course I do. I love you to love." He told her, tucking a lose piece of hair behind her ear. taking her face in his hands he kissed her, and for the first time, he really kissed her. Not as if she was made of glass.

This one was so much different, for the first time she was in the kiss as well.

So when he pecked her on the lips, she placed her hand behind his head and pulled her against hers. she nudged his lips and kissed him thoroughly. She needed to show him how much she really loved him. She smiled through the kiss when he moaned.

"you little minx." He grinned at her as he nudged her nose, his eyes twinkling for the very first time since she came back. 

"So are you feeling better?" he asked her, rubbing his thumb back and forth on her cheek. 

"surprisingly, yes. It feels like I can breathe again," she told him whilst taking a deep breath. she gave him a smile and pecked his lips again.

"Good, I'm happy to have you back. I really thought I would never get to see the real you," he admitted with a sad tone and look on his face.

"I know Harry and I'm so sorry for how the way I've been behaving. I shouldn't have been behaving like that,"  she told him whilst shaking her head. She couldn't believe what pity party she had been in the last week. Yes, she wasn't back to her complete self, but she had taken the first step towards it.

"Love, you have been through something horrific. You're allowed to have a break, to recover from everything." He assured her, squeezing her hand in his.

"Well, thanks anyway. You've been my saving angel this week. Although I haven't shown it a lot, I'm really grateful for what you have done this week." she told him, hoping he would really get how much it meant to her. She doubted she would ever be able to thank him for all of it. 

"that's what you do for the person that you love." he told her, leaning forward and pecking her lips again.

"I'm sure you would have done the same for me." he smiled up at her and rubbed her arm up and down. she tried getting up, but the restriction with the sling restricted her movements.

Harry helped her up with a smile and together they walked down the stairs. Telling Harry what she had seen and been through had really helped her.

Only now did she realise that she had really hidden away in her apartment during the time, but she hoped to change that this week. baby steps thats the only thing she could do from here on out.

they walked into the kitchen and saw the Cambridge's sitting on the couch. Jake and Autumn were sitting at the kitchen island. Looking around she didn't notice Jens and turned to Autumn.: "where's Jens?"