Chapter Six

The next morning was the last morning the entire team would be together in one group.

Breakfast was a silent affair, knowing we'd have to say goodbye to each other. knowing that the expedition was almost over had everyone in different moods.

After breakfast everyone separated, some still having to pack. others seeking the last bit of solitude they could have.

Harry and I hadn't spoken much since last night, just a quick good morning. We'd caught each other's eye across the table at breakfast. But had turned away with blushing cheeks. when the other caught the other staring.

Even when we'd gotten into the van to leave towards the airport he'd taken the other van.

I hoped that I hadn't screwed it up last night, I did have feelings for him, but I just wasn't ready to act on them.

Damn, I'm pretty sure I loved him already, but dating him entitled a lot more than just being a couple. nothing would be private anymore.

And the thought I'd screwed it up by cause I know that right now him not talking to me was killing me.

I know that there isn't anybody else like him for me, somehow, we'd gotten this connection. understanding each other with one look.

But this isn't an easy decision. If I became his girlfriend the anonymity was lost. I basically had to start living in the spotlight.

and that was one thing I needed to think about if I was ready to date him and the life that came with it.

I still remembered what they had done to Kate, I was a huge fan of his sister-in-law Kate. I'd looked up to her for a long time, you could say she was an inspiration to me, luckily.

arriving at the airport we all took our luggage and boarded the plane. our sledges from Greenland were already loaded.

Boarding the plane I took the window seat again. Looking out the small window I could see the hustle and bustle out on the airport.

Taking my phone from my handbag I looked down at my screen and saw several messages from my friends.

Autumn informing me she had moved in alright, and that everyone was still in London, waiting for my return.

from my grandparents and sister, I had gotten messages. Asking if I had arrived safely back in Iceland and that they were looking forward to seeing me. And messages from my family asking if I had arrived safely.

both my friends and family congratulating me on the successful expedition.

reading through them all I smiled, looking forward to seeing them all.

Just when I was about to put him down, having finished reading the messages, My phone pinged again. 'Autumn' came across the screen.

but before I could reply a voice brought me out of my reverie. "Do you mind if I sit here?" Harry asked, looking up at me.

Yea, I definitely screwed it up' I thought to myself. The once easy-going atmosphere that had surrounded the both of us was now gone. replaced by awkwardness.

"Of, course, you didn't have to ask," I answered with a smile.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, getting right to the point. I hated beating around the bush and this was one such situation where I hated beating around the bush. I wanted to know what he was thinking. Why this strange and uncomfortable atmosphere was surrounding us.

"No, of course not. Why do you ask?" he replied, shaking his head as he sat down next to me.

"It's just that we were comfortable around each other until last night. It feels like you're walking on eggs around me." I explained, turning my full attention towards him.