Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.

Chapter 23

~5 years, four months and two days ago~

“Dear god Tony, for the preservation of my sanity, get down from there.”

I rolled my eyes at his nagging but jumped down from the ledge anyway, and went sit beside him on one of the many cement blocks scattered across the rooftop.

“I want you to meet a friend of mine.” I told him.

 “No.” came his expected, and immediate reply. I propped my elbows onto my knees and regarded him.

“You don’t even know who it is.”

“All your comrades are delinquents, who, in my opinion are a bad influence on you.” He said drily, and I smirked.

“I’d like to think I’m the bad influence.” I said with a wide grin.

He glanced over the ledge, taking in the view of the city below… “You are certainly a frequent contributor.”

“His name’s Noah...I told you about him remember?”

He glanced over at me.

“How could I forget, arrested more times than anyone has any right to be, multiple piercings, drug dealer, and of course your first kiss… certainly a meeting to look forward to.” He finished sarcastically.

“I never said he was a drug dealer.”

“No, but I imagine the profession will soon find him.”

I ignored him.

“He knows about vampires.” I continued, and his eyes shot to mine.

“You told him?”

“Of course not...you think you’re the first vamp to reveal himself to a human?” I questioned, and he actually seemed to be think on it.

“It would not surprise me.”

“I already told him I was bringing you by to meet him, so you can’t back out now.”

He raised a brow. “That was your vow, not mine.”

“Is that a definite no then?” I questioned, knowing the answer before he said it.

He glanced at me, his eyes narrowing at my smile, before he turned back to the view below.

“When have I ever really been able to say no to you?”

I dropped a hand on his shoulder and squeezed. “I really appreciate this Rien.” I told him sincerely. When he nodded, I planted a quick kiss on the side of his head, and hopped back up to my perch on the ledge. He turned his eyes to the sky in exasperation.

……………………

……………….Present………………..

 I squinted against the bright light shining through the window, and rolled to the edge of the bed in preparation to go pull the thick curtains closed, when an arm snaked around my torso and pulled me back to the center of the bed.

“Where do you think you’re going?”  Rien whispered, and I smiled.

“Is there a reason you need to know everything?” I teased when he nipped my ear, and I could feel his answering smile against my neck.