Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.

Chapter 33

~Present~

~Kaio’s POV~

I kicked the door and it fell with the dramatics of an old tree.

 Screams and a shout rent the air when I stepped into the small room and I was the first to catch the horrified expressions of the family whose home we had just invaded.

They were fragile looking humans, this lot. Including the man…a skinny little twig of a being, with small eyes and large glasses that framed his face like a particularly gigantic pair of googles. The woman was larger, big breasted, with surprisingly small legs.

She wore a knee length flower patterned dress that did nothing in the way of accentuating whatever curves she may or may not have possessed and her eyes were nothing special, though they were the perfect size for her perfectly rounded face. The other woman— a girl really, looked like a cross between the man and the woman, though she had gorgeous eyes that perfectly captured her terror.

I came to the conclusion that they were quite ordinary people, living in a house that could do with a bit of tidying up, though it had a warm and cozy feel to it. If I had to imagine what a true home would feel like; this would probably be it.

It was such a shame that they would be put out of the use of it for a time. After all, Tony’s needs far outweighed their own and I had no desire to further upset my Lord Riener simply because I did not wish to inconvenience the humans.

Malik stepped in after me and for whatever reason sought to appease the scared folk, who seemed frozen in place as they watched our entrance. Once Lord Rien stepped into the space with an unconscious Tony in his arms, I was quick to point to the place I logically deduced was the way to the bedchamber. He started up the stairs without a word or a glance at the room’s inhabitants.

I then took hold of Malik’s arm and pulled him with me up the staircase, leaving the beings to their own machinations. I was certain that within but a short period of time they would be out the door in their quest to call on their authority figures, which meant very soon I would be expected outside to see to the matter.

For now however, I had to see to my Lord’s wants and needs and the needs of his mate. I entered the room just in time to see him lay Tony gently on the bed in a strangely decorated room. He made sure the pillows were piled around him to ensure his comfort, before he sat on the bed beside him, looking down on his mate without a word.

I could sense his worry from where I stood, but I could also sense his anger. It was molded together with a barrage of emotions like disappointment and disgust. It was unfortunate that I could not tell which emotion was prominent, for if I could do such a thing, it would allow me to have an inkling of how to tread where he was concerned.

“Have you informed Nathaniel of our plight?” his deep voice resonated within the room and I shivered.

“Yes my Lord. He has already explained to the wolves the reason for your absence.”

“Very well.” He issued softly, then; “Leave us.”

I turned to go just as Malik protested and I had to latch onto his arm to prevent him from meeting a fate he was not destined for.

“What are you doing?” he questioned me with obvious anger when I dragged him into the hallway. “I’m his brother, Tony—”

“—does not know that, neither does he like you.” I interrupted and I watched with deep regret as the fight slowly died in his eyes. “I meant only to say that Lord Rien has a better chance of pulling him out of his unconsciousness.” I explained. “Hearing your voice—”