Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.

Bonus chapter

I sipped my coffee and watched them, wondering what kind of strange form of communication passed between Christophe and the child who couldn’t be more than five months old.

They continued to stare at each other as I took a bite out of my turkey sandwich, until he finally looked around. His expression filled with curiosity.

“What?” I asked around a mouthful, and his gaze travelled to mine.

“The child’s blood…it smells strange.” He commented, and I glanced at the kid, then back at my breakfast companion.

“What do you mean?”

“I believe it is diseased.” He surmised and I frowned.

“With what?”

He pursed his lips. “Do I appear in any way to be a physician?”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever it is I’m sure the doctors caught it already.”

“Perhaps…” he trailed off, eyes drifting back to the child, who was now fidgeting in his mother’s arms.

I took another bite out of my sandwich, savoring the taste of it, and enjoying the atmosphere in the cozy diner. I felt relaxed and ready for the day ahead.

“The child’s parent should be informed.” Christophe announced, his eyes still fixed on the baby, and after a breath I nodded, picking the crust from the rest of my bread.

“Alright, we can, but just wait a little, there’s a certain way to go about these things, we can’t just walk up to her and say-”

“The child is diseased.”

My head shot up, and the first thing I noticed was the now empty seat across from me. The second thing I realized was Christophe standing a short distance away, beside the full table where the child was being held by the mother.

She looked up at him in surprise. “Excuse me?”

“The child.” He repeated. “It is diseased. I would advise that you take it to see a physician at once…though I hardly see what good that could possibly do when judging from the stench of the blood, it seems your offspring may not have very long to live.” He finished and the scraping of chairs sounded against the tiled floor. A man, possibly the kid’s father stood.

I cursed under my breath, but held my seat as I watched it play out.

“What are you playing at asshole?” the man exploded.

Christophe put his hand to his chin as if in contemplation. “I suppose I could turn him… of course that would mean he would live out the rest of his existence as a blood drinker...and of course I would need to take him to my coven…I cannot very well leave him among humans…” he continued, and I glanced around the room slowly to see every eye in the place taking in the scene.

The father’s face contorted in disbelief. “Are you on something? Get the hell away from my kid!”

“Hmm now that I have had the chance to think upon the matter, perhaps turning him would not be a wise course of action, after all, since the child was not born a blood drinker he would be forced to live forever in his current state…and I do believe such an act would be far crueler than death.” He said, as if speaking to himself. Then he turned to me. “What are your thoughts on the matter Tony?” he questioned, and everyone’s eyes turned my way.

Across the room, I could already see the manager making his way over to us, his expression hard and unforgiving. I sighed.

So much for a quiet, relaxing breakfast.

…………………………………….

“Are those people actually eating balls of cotton? How strange…” Christophe trailed off, and I followed his gaze over to a small group of people, who were purchasing cotton candy from a vendor.

“It smells sweet…and the texture is odd…” he continued, and I chuckled.

“That’s because it’s not actual cotton, it’s candy.” I explained.

“It looks nothing like any sweets I have ever seen.”

I shrugged.

“I would like to taste it.” He announced, taking a step toward the group, and I grabbed his arm.

“No, everywhere you go you cause a scene, we’re going back to the coven now.”

He regarded me with a bored expression.

“Since the very beginning of this trip you have forced me to bite into things I shall never speak of again. This time there is something that has caught my interest, and I will have it.” He said adamantly, and with a shake of my head, I released his arm and watched him cross the street, not even bothering to look both ways as he stepped onto the asphalt.

I followed him.

“I would like to taste your sweets.” He declared once he stood before the cart, and while the guy prepared it, Christophe’s gaze took it all in.

When he finally held it in his hand, and I’d paid the vendor, he examined it as he walked, turning it this way and that, before finally ripping away the clear plastic and taking a large bite. He swallowed, then smacked his lips together, before running his tongue over them.

He contemplated, and contemplated as we walked, still examining the treat, and when we got to the end of the block, I lifted a hand to hail a cab.

“This is repulsive.” He announced finally, then handed what was left of it to me.

I took it just as the cab pulled up, and bit into the sugary treat myself when we were settled in the backseat. We were heading back to the coven.

 I wondered what Rien would have to say about my impromptu trip. Nothing good I was sure.

                                       AUTHOR'S NOTES

MINI BONUS CHAP FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTED A BIT MORE SNOWFLAKE IN THEIR DIET...MUNCH ON THAT WHILE I PREPARE THE FEAST YOU HAVE ALL BEEN DREADING!

THANKS FOR READING, FOLLOW MY SEXY BUTT ON TWITTER AND TUMBLR (LINKS ON MY WATTPAD PROFILE) AND AS ALWAYS, KEEP SWEET!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.