Please Don't Go, Part 1

My best friend wrote this and I'm hoping you are going to love it as much as I do. I'm hoping she'd write more, just let me know if she should. She's a fantastic writer, again hope you love it.

The air felt toxic, dust flew everywhere hitting my face like glass shards

The air felt toxic, dust flew everywhere hitting my face like glass shards. My skin burned and it felt like it was melting off. I looked at my mother and screamed when I saw her. Her face was covered in blisters and her eyes and nose were bleeding, this was barely the beginning of primfiya. I tried to get her to stand up, but her what I could see of her eyes were nearly void of emotion.

"Mom!" I cried for her, "Mother! Please hang in there! You can't leave me!" I remember our life on the ark. I missed it dearly. We weren't fighting for our lives every day, as long as you followed the law you were allowed to live in peace. I remember coming down on the ark with my mother after all of those lives were sacrificed. They gave their lives to give us enough oxygen and time to find a way to the ground, my father, and grandfather among those in the culling.

"Y/N, you have to leave me. I won't live through this, please find somewhere to take shelter before this kills you too," my mother begged me weakly.

"No! Mom, I won't leave you!" I screamed, "You're all I have left!" As I said that her legs were limp and I could feel all of her weight press on my right shoulder.

"Please... leave me, you have to survive," her voice was just above a whisper as she tried to force out her words, "I just want you to know that I love you," I could fell the wetness running down my face I used my hand to wipe it away, but when I pulled it back I could see dark red staining the tips of my fingers.

I dropped to the ground on my knees and my mother fell to the ground, her beautiful face was covered in the crimson liquid. You could barely make out her ocean blue eyes, and her long silvery blonde hair was caked with both of our blood. "I love you too mom," I said slowly as hot tears flowed down my face. "I love you too," I repeated once more hugging her tightly.

I cursed Octavia and Clarke for throwing me and my mother out of the bunker. Clarke and I grew up together, and Octavia and I were supposed to be best friends. I looked behind me and seen primfiya coming. It's explosive red color covered as far as you could see, there was no point in trying to run so I laid down next to my mother. I played with the strands of hair that weren't covered in blood, she was the only person I had left on this earth and I wouldn't leave her behind.

"I love you mom," I said once more before the next thing I could see was black.

****************

"AH!" I screamed shooting up, my breathing was heavy. That nightmare replayed through my head every time I slept. I can still remember how I had felt after I woke up, my mother's body was buried in the sand. Most of mine had been to but my head was still uncovered, I had my hand clutching hers. I still wasn't sure how I lived and I wish I hadn't.

Living on the ground was hard after primfiya, it had disintegrated almost all of the earths water and grass except for one area. It's like primfiya had gone completely around it. It was covered in dark green grass, tall trees filled with leaves, and there was a large lake that surrounded almost the entire area.

So far, I had seen one other person, she was a little girl. She wasn't social at all and didn't speak a word towards me. I wasn't sure how she was alive and I hadn't bothered to try and find out. I wondered if there was anybody else left alive on the planet, as far as I could tell there wasn't. I didn't know how or why I was alive, I honestly wished I could just die.

At that moment my mothers face appeared in my mind and her voice rang in my head, 'You have to survive,' it almost brought me to tears.

'Oh yeah,' I thought to myself. 'That's why... Okay, mom... I'll do my best."

I walked to the river and used a leaf to scoop out some water, but when I looked up I seen a familiar face. One that had blonde hair and blue eyes the leaf dropped from my hand and my mouth was wide open, "Clarke?"