Roan - I'll Show You

I left the camp, hurrying towards the river to get away from the constant fighting back at camp. I rounded a tree, I hugged my chest. Tightening when it became chilly, I glanced around trying to figure out where I was going. I thought I knew where I was going, to get to the river and just listen to the waterfall. I wanted to be alone. We have only been down here a few days.

Suddenly, I heard a twig snap and I become alert. I backed into a tree when I turned to see a man looking at me, his long hair tied up in a half pony tail. He has markings on his face, along with a bread. He scared me so I raised the gun that I had in my hand, he instantly threw up his arm and in his hand was a sword. I stepped back, widening my eyes when he took two steps forward, "Stop or I will shoot," I ordered, he stopped instantly.

"I'm not going to hurt you so put down the gun," His voice was rough and deep, he put his sword on the ground, "See I won't hurt you, now put down your weapon," He demanded and I listened, quickly putting down the gun.

He took a few steps forward, "No," I yelled at him, threatening to bend down and pick up the gun, "You stay away," I added and he nodded, "Now, why are you following me?" I questioned pointing at him.

"I've been watching come to this river so many times to get away from your people, I was curious on why you would come along," He started to say, "Someone so pretty can't be out here by themselves, it's dangerous," He stated, he had his hands up in the air showing me that he wouldn't hurt me.

"I can handle myself," I muttered looking away from him then quickly looking back, "I'm a good fighter and I know my way around a gun," I added resting my back against the tree that was standing behind me.

"Grounders are dangerous people that shouldn't be messed with," He stated and he plopped onto the ground, sitting up and kept his gaze on me, "I could show you how to fight like us," I narrowed my eyes at him, confused on why he would want to help him, "Come to the waterfall and I'll show you, come every day," He added.

"What makes me think I can trust you," I muttered looking down at my hands, they were squeezing one another.

He sighed, "I would have killed you by now if I was your enemy," And he got up from the ground, "Meet me tomorrow and I'll show you everything that I know," He stated before he turned around, picking up his sword and running away.