Chapter 9

A/N I dont actually have a clue what happened between the guys during the creative process for 'Bite My Tongue' this whole scenario is completely fictional and created by me purely for the purpose of this story. I do not mean to disrespect any members of the band by my writing, I love You Me At Six. Thanks! x

Josh's P.O.V

I turned to look at Ally, she was staring at me intently, waiting to see my response. I knew it wasn't fair to keep avoiding the subject every time it came up and to be honest I was sick of keeping it all bottled up. I looked into her beautiful brown eyes, it seemed to give me some courage, I inhaled deeply and allowed the memories to return.

*Flashback 1 week ago*

It was a Saturday night, about 9pm, I was sat in my house with Matt, Max, Dan and Chris trying to get me to go out again, we had been out Wednesday night, Thursday night and Friday night and right now I really just wanted to get some writing done. "What is so wrong with me working? When we dropped out of college to pursue a career in music I assumed that we were all serious about making this work!" I said, I was infuriated. Things between us had changed lately, they were all about girls and partying and sure that's fine but we also had jobs to do. Fans are waiting for album 3 and so far I seem to be the only person serious about writing and recording it.

"Look mate, We are serious, of course we are but we have sold out three tours already and Hold Me Down reached number 5 on the Albums chart... Which is great! I just don't see us fading out by next week" Matt said.

"He's right, we've done good so far, lets celebrate!!" Max replied, I looked over at him shooting him a death glare, considering he is my best friend he is not helping right now.

"Look im sorry but if we don't get 5 songs finished soon you can kiss recording in Los FREAKIN Angeles goodbye! What is one night in?"

"The question Joshy, is what is one more night out?" Dan replied with a mischievous grin. I looked over at him, the grin soon faded. He is usually the other more rational person. We often think in the same way and it's often left to us to kick everyone's asses into gear and get to work.

"UGGGHHH! IM NOT GOING OUT! Im staying in my house, writing a song for our band. Do you remember the band? I mean you guys have been hung-over nearly everyday this week so far... have you even thought about the deadline set by the label for the album submission?" I pleaded.

"Why the hell do you always have to put it like that? Like you're the only fucking person who ever does any work in this band? You might be lead singer but without us you'd be nothing and you know that, your just too fucking proud to admit it!" Matt said, I could tell he was getting angry but I stood my ground. Proud? I have to admit that hurt, just a little bit.

"Im proud? Of WHAT? that people are constantly saying we have potential to be bigger and better, it's that shit that inspires me. Im not going to apologise for trying to make us better."

"Oh here we go, what is wrong with us now? Oh wait I know Max, we only went GOLD with our second album not shiny PLATINUM!" replied Chris sarcastically.

"im just trying do the best for all of us" I said calmly. This argument was getting too heated and I wasn't quite feeling upto losing friends I had had for 10 years. "im in love with music, its my life and I love that. I don't want it to change, I was simply telling you what I have been feeling for a while now. Look at us, we fight about something new every other day and talk about our problems to our girlfriends or each other but we never really say them to each other. We are best friends, we shouldn't have to bite our tongues around each other for god sake!" I lifted my head to see the guys looking around at each other and nodding. At least we all agreed on something, finally.

"So, where do we go from here?" asked Matt

* end of flashback*

I looked down at Ally, her brown eyes widened with shock, she held my hand tight and hadn't looked away during the entire conversation. She had sat in silence surveying my face and I saw the pain in my voice from remembering my best friends, sadden her. I pulled her into a hug and she cuddled upto my chest. I lifted her chin so she was looking at me. " im okay now darling, we made up straight after and we got the song finished too. Im going back to Weybridge in a couple of weeks to see the guys, you should come visit!" I said

"That's brilliant! Go on then tell me, what happened next" she asked

*Flashback*

"We have a writing session booked with the label in two weeks time and we need to be able to write something." Replied Dan.

"I think im getting something." Everyone looked up at Max who was gesturing for a pen and paper, I scrambled round the living room and found some and handed it over. He began scribbling words down and everyone stood up to read them over his shoulder.

'you keep me on the edge of my seat

I bite my tongue so you don't hear me

I wanna hate every part of you with me

But I cant hate the ones who made me'

"Max, that's good!! That's got potential my friend" I said looking down at him, everyone migrated over to my dining table and took a seat and I sang the lines over and over again, slowly the one verse grew and grew and 3 hours later we had completed it.

The song sounded great, we had decided that this song would have an angrier aggressive tone, it only seemed right. Our fans liked personal songs, they appreciated our honesty. This song was written as an accumulation of our constant bickering so it wasn't going to be a shitty soft ballad, there was however something missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

We put our papers away, ordered KFC (you should have seen Matt's face light up!) And spent hours playing fifa , of course being the king of fifa I whooped all of their asses! We drank celebratory beers and ate our chicken and after playing for nearly 4 hours, we turned it off and started watching some film instead.

*End of Flashback*

"and that's it! We had two weeks off so I came to visit my friends here in Nottingham, met the most beautiful girl called Ally and here we are" I finished. Sitting here in this car with her, looking at her, thinking about her always gave me this goofy grin, it was impossible to control. She was always smiling and it was contagious, but I didn't care. We were happy, we were together and I think Im falling in love with her too.