An Oscar Nominee - Part 4 (The Actual Last Part)

With all the interviews in place and the release of the trailer, our movie had already generated a certain following. August and I, however, kept our relationship still quiet, not really wanting to be bothered with deterring questions or with the paparazzi for that matter. All our visits were few in number and late at night. If we did go out in public, we went out as friends nothing more.

The only ones who knew it was more than that was Nick, August and I. That was only because I didn’t want to risk our relationship getting leaked to the media until August and I felt it was necessary. August thought we should wait until after the movie was released so our relationship wouldn’t overshadow our promotion of the film.

Plus it gave us some time to break the news to our family first before we told the world. I thought telling the world was a big deal, but family was definitely appearing to be harder than I anticipated.

“I can’t do this,” I sighed, glancing at myself in the mirror. “I can’t tell my mother this. How do I even bring it up? What am I supposed to say? Oh hey mom! This pot roast is delicious right, and by the way, I’m gay.”

“Pot roast? Is that what Dennis is making tonight?” August’s voice echoed from behind me. I quickly turned around in embarrassment. How long had he been standing there? He nearly gave me a heart attack.

“Fuck! How did you get in here?” I huffed as August wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed me on the neck softly.

“Ursula,” he replied causally. “I just came over to wish you luck with your mother. I see you have a plan already in the works. But I suggest just being open and honest. I wouldn’t mention it over pot roast though.”

I rolled my eyes. So, he had heard my monologue. Talk about embarrassing. “Can’t she just find out when I give my speech at the Oscar’s?”

August scoffed. “No. And I mean what if we don’t even win an Oscar.”

I laughed. “Do you doubt our acting abilities? Because I’m pretty sure our sex scenes are Oscar worthy.”

Our feelings for each other were as real as it gets. If that didn’t get us an Oscar, then I didn’t know what would. August smirked as he pulled me onto my bed, pressing his lips against mine. I had a feeling he came over to wish me more than just luck. My hand fell to his shirt as I unbuttoned it, planting kisses slowly down his neck and onto his chest. August groaned leaning his head back into my pillow as I started unbuckling his pants.

“This is a nice belt,” I commented before tossing it to the ground.

“It’s Versace,” August muttered as I slid my hand into his boxers, feeling him out, as we made out on top of my bed. Our lips didn’t break once. Just as I was about to unbutton my shirt, Ursula’s voice echoed through my bedroom door.

“Your mother is downstairs, Mr. Benjamin.” My eyes glanced at the clock. Fuck. It was only 4pm. She was early. I stood up, rushing to the mirror to fix my hair. August pulled his shirt on, quickly sliding his belt back on and fastening his pants.

“You look fine,” August muttered brushing my shoulders off. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Where are you going?” I said grabbing his arm before he walked out the door. “My mother is downstairs. What if she sees you?”

August rolled his eyes. “I’m great at improvising.”

Having said that, he walked out of my bedroom, closing the door shut behind him. I quickly walked to my mirror again to do one last glance over. I had to look presentable in front of my mother. I didn’t want her knowing that August and I had been practically dry humping in my bedroom while she was downstairs in my lobby.  You know mother’s had that sixth sense. Just as I slid a belt on, I heard what sounded like screaming. I rushed downstairs to see my mother hugging August and squealing like a prepubescent girl.