At Ease, Lieutenant

Requested by lovingfinn

I sighed as the sound of a horn blew. I was not used to this life yet – waking up early had me especially cranky. I groaned as I turned onto my side, gripping my pillow in my hand. The other cadets around me shuffled around quickly, rushing before the lieutenant walked in.

“Ryan,” Jackson hissed shaking me awake. “Get the fuck up, right now! Please! Don’t be an ass today! You know you’ll only make him angry! Last week we all had to do extra drills because of you! Ryan!”

“I’m awake,” I huffed standing up groggily from my bed. “I’ll get up but only for your sake, hot stuff.”

I slowly rose from my bunk, tossing my sheets off of me. I never chose this life. Going to the military was the last thing that I ever wanted to do. The only reason I was here in the first place was because my dad had pulled a few strings to get me in here. It was his form of punishment for my unsavory behavior.

He said it would make me more of a man. So, my stick it to him, was breaking every rule imaginable in this place. I wanted to get kicked out. I wanted to leave this freaking place.

Waking up at five am in the morning for workout was hell. The food sucked. I got yelled and spat at all day. The only good thing about this whole experience was that I was surrounded by men the entire day and my body was getting toned. My sexuality was something that I never kept hidden and it was something I used to make all of my commanding officers uncomfortable. This was all thanks to the repeal of the don’t ask, don’t tell policy.

I smoothed my bed out, slowly sliding my pants up. All of the other cadets were dressed and ready, leaving me lagging behind as usual. Just as I pulled my shirt over my head, the bunk room door swung open, and Lieutenant Compton, our commanding officer walked in. He was my favorite. Just in case you were wondering, I was being completely sarcastic.

I mean sure Lieutenant Compton was perhaps the sexiest commanding officer that I had ever laid eyes on, but he also served beneath my father. He paid particularly extra attention to me and that was annoying. He was always on my ass about everything.

“ATTENTION! FALL IN,” he shouted in that deep voice of his. All of the cadets scrambled to the front of their beds quickly, standing straight up, eyes looking straight ahead, not moving an inch.

I, on the other hand, did not.

I smirked as Lieutenant Compton walked by, staring at each and every one of us. I winked as his blue eyes flickered to mine quickly.

“Cadet Anderson,” he said walking up to me. “Are you deaf? Did you not hear my command to fall in?”

“Oh I heard,” I retorted. “I just didn’t feel like it.”

“CADET ANDERSON! FALL IN!” he growled, obviously angered by my coolness and lack of respect for authority. We went through this routine almost every day now. But he would never severely discipline me. I’ve already had to clean the toilets, mop the kitchens, run laps around the track until dark and I've lost all communication privileges. I was curious as to how he’d punish me today.

What's the worse he could do?

I smirked as he shouted again and again at me, before he lost his cool. He grabbed me firmly and pulled me with the rest of my cadets. None of them made eye contact with me. I’m certain everyone in my squad hated my guts but that didn’t faze me the least bit.

I wanted out and I would do anything to get out. The military life wasn’t for me.

“Cadets, dismissed to fitness,” he muttered as the men lined up and filed out of the bunk. I was about to follow them out, when Lieutenant Jackass stopped me.