Oliver's Story - Part 1 (The New Kid)

I sighed as I walked up to the steps of Daye’s house. Crowds of people were inside, outside and around his house. I didn’t even know Daye was that popular. Olivia was already inside apparently. She had left with her cheerleading posse an hour ago. I debated walking back into my car and driving as far as possible away, and telling Judah and Vincent that I had forgotten about the party. But that wouldn’t seem right. Plus a part of me did want to see Sam. Judah had introduced me to him a few days ago and I hadn’t really had a chance to talk to him alone. Now was my opportunity I guess. I was never good at these sorts of things though. I was awkward and not to mention, I hate parties.

I sucked a deep breath and walked inside, glancing around for any familiar faces. But of course, I didn’t recognize anyone here. I was still that new kid I guess. I would probably be for a while.

I pushed through the crowd of sweaty drunk people and found myself in the kitchen. There were kegs, vodka bottles, beer, wine and even champagne all lined up across the counter top. Now I understood why everyone showed up to Daye’s thing. Everyone liked a party with free liquor. I wonder how he had gotten so much. I glanced around the kitchen to see Judah and Vincent were sitting at the table, hugged up on each other like usual. Judah’s face lit up as soon as he saw me.

“Vincent! Look who crawled out of bed and put their sexy pants on,” Judah smirked as I walked over. “Oliver! You look good out of uniform. Hot. Babe, isn’t he hot?”

“Spicy,” Vincent smirked. “You’ll have to fight guys off of you.”

“Thanks,” I shrugged taken aback by the compliments. Judah and Vincent had obviously had a few to drink already. Judah was overly friendly.

“But you want to know who’s hotter?” Vincent smirked his eyes finding their way onto Judah’s. “You are.”

“You’re the hot one,” Judah grinned, his lips smacking onto Vincent’s as they proceeded to make out with one another. I took that as my cue to walk away. I shook my head, sneaking out onto the patio to grab a wine cooler. I never really liked the taste of beer. Just as I cracked it open, I felt someone’s hands on my shoulders.

“Put it down,” a voice said from behind me. “You’re not 21.”

I turned around just to have it snatched from my hands by Sam. He grinned at me, taking a swig from it. His blonde hair was pushed out of his face and his blue eyes shined bright against the moonlight. I reached to take it back, but he drew his hand back, effectively deflecting my every attempt.

“Ah Ah Ah,” he said a devilish grin stretched across his face. “Ollie. I thought you were a good wholesome boy and I catch you underage drinking. What would your mother think?”

“Sam I – “ I began but before I could finish he burst out laughing, handing me the drink.

“I’m just screwing with you,” he smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist. “Want to dance?”

 “No one else is dancing,” I replied glancing around for a minute at the people around me. There may have been a ton of people here but not a single one of them were dancing.

“So,” Sam retorted pulling me into a clearing as he started dancing circles around me. I stood their painfully awkward, my face turning a bright red. I wasn’t much of a dancer, but Sam obviously was. After a few moments, people started joining in, dancing around the two of us.

“See? People are dancing,” Sam smiled. “Come on Ollie. Don’t make me do this all alone.”

“I can’t dance,” I huffed as Sam moved closer to me, his waist brushing against mine.