My Horrible Ex- Husband Thanksgiving Special - Part 1

As promised! Here is the first part of the Thanksgiving Special for My Horrible Ex-Husband! If you haven't read the story, My Horrible Ex-Husband then  I hope you check it out! But you don't have to read it in order to enjoy this! 

“Caleb,” Eli said as he began pulling his tie off. “I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?”

“The good news” I replied, flickering my eyes through a recipe book.

Thanksgiving was two days away and I wanted to make sure that I had the best tasting cheesecake prepared. There was one thing that I was good at that my sisters weren’t and that was cooking. The broads couldn’t make a turkey if it was already prepared and all they had to do was heat it up in the oven. They have no cooking bones in their body. They just relied on our mother for everything like usual. I, on the other hand, was a single dad. I relied on no one but myself for ten years and I became a food connoisseur in that short time.

“You don’t have to cook for Thanksgiving,” Eli said running his fingers through his hair. I immediately glanced up at him with questioning eyes.

“Huh? But I – I like cooking for Thanksgiving,” I sighed. “This is the first time you and I are back together. It’ll be our first Thanksgiving together since I can’t even remember when.”

“I know babe,” he sighed. “Next year, I promise.”

I rolled my eyes, holding my tongue. I was about to say what if there was no next year but I didn’t. I didn’t want to jinx our relationship. That would be mean. I was trying to be less of a Grinch towards Eli. I was also trying not to swear so much.

“What’s the bad news?” I huffed not really wanting to hear it.

“Well, my uh parents invited us over for Thanksgiving,” Eli said stepping a few feet away from me.

“Excuse me?” I said my eyes wide open. “Your? Your parents? Hell no, Eli. We are not going there. I refuse to go there. I refuse. You can’t make me. I – I’m not going. I already told my mother that we were doing Thanksgiving here.”

“I know! See! So I invited her over here,” Eli grinned. “She wants to see us and the kids.”

“No! She tried to sabotage our relationship! No! No! My mom is enough! You think I want to deal with your witch of a mother!” I growled. “She hates me! Literally hates me. I’m not going there.”

“But I already invited her,” Eli repeated. “I can’t un-invite her. That would be rude.”

I threw my recipe book at Eli, hitting him right in the shoulder. He winced clutching his arm. I swear to god sometimes Eli can be so dumb. Did he honestly think I wanted his mother here with my mother? Oh lord. He is so dumb sometimes.

“Abuse,” he groaned picking the book up. “You know that hurt. Why did you do that for?”

“Because! Because you don’t fucking listen to me! God,” I huffed. “I don’t want either of them here. I just want us alone.”

“Well it’s too late for that! You already invited your mother,” Eli retorted. “And I invited mine!”

“Fine! Fine! You know what! I don’t care! You can Invite your fucking ex-boyfriends for all I care! Just invite the whole damn neighborhood!” I said falling onto my blanket dramatically. I placed my pillow over my face, screaming loudly into it.  I could hear Eli walking over towards me cautiously. I just wanted this Thanksgiving to be perfect and now it was ruined. It was ruined because my mother and Eli’s mother would be here, hovering over my shoulders and criticizing every single thing I do like usual. I could hear them now.