Man! Oh Man! - Part Two

So I upped my dose of estrogen. In turn, it made me extremely moody. My emotions were all over the place. One minute I was the happiest girl in the world and the next I was crying like someone had just run over my dog. It was a whirlwind of emotions. This must be what it feels like to be on your period besides the bleeding, bloating and the pain.

I had never been more of a woman any other day than today - literally.

“Mom,” Rachel called out from her bedroom.

“Yes Rachel,” I said walking into her room. “What is it?”

“Could I possibly have forty dollars so I could go to the mall with Darcy afterschool?” she asked. “Please!”

“Ask your father,” I said casually.

“Dad,” I heard Rachel called out.

“Indoor voices,” I mumbled as I moved back to my room. I glanced up to see Sean looking through my laptop. I gasped in horror as I remembered that I had been searching up male transitioning. Had I remembered to close the browser?

“Sweetie – what are you doing on my laptop?” I asked.

“Just looking up the score from the game last night,” he said.

“Oh well, Rachel is calling you,” I said folding my arms over my chest. “She uh wants forty dollars, so she can go to the mall.”

“Ok,” he said staring at the screen. “Honey, why are you looking at transitioning from male to female? You aren’t trying to convert me, are you?”

“No! I was looking at it because Elizabeth and I were talking about it the other day – we had seen an episode on TV about it and it piqued my interest,” I said trying to lie as best as possible.

“As long as you’re not trying to cut any part of me off,” he winked.

“Now why would I want to do that?” I said running my fingertips along his cheek. “It’s your best asset.”

“Ouch and I thought you married me for my brains,” he laughed.

“Ha,” I teased as I kissed him on the lips. “I’m playing sweetheart.”

“Ew,” Kyle said walking into our bedroom. “Gross – Parentals kissing.”

“You hear that sweetie – we’re gross,” Sean said crushing his lips back on mine.

“Stop! Come on,” Kyle whined.

“Ok, we’re done,” I smiled. “What is it Kyle?”

“One of the neighbors is at the door,” he said casually. Sean nodded at me as I smoothed my dress out. I moved swiftly down the steps towards the front door. I wonder which one of our delightful neighbors was at the door. I glanced down to see the familiar brunette house maker. It was Wendy Givens.

Wendy Givens was the noisiest woman in the neighborhood. She knew everything about everyone. Every time she came over, she always had some piece of gossip to share. It was rather irritating.

“Wendy,” I said putting on a fake smile. “What a nice surprise! What are you doing here?”

“Just came over to ask you if you could possibly hold the book club this evening?” Wendy smiled. “Our house is in the process of fumigation, so we’re staying at Georgina’s home for a few days. So?”

“Of course Wendy,” I replied. “I can hold book club here. But first I need to consult with Sean, of course. You just sit tight for a moment.’’

I moved quickly up the stairs for a brief moment, providing the illusion that I was discussing it with Sean. After five minutes or so, I opened the front door.