Daye's Story - Part 1

"Where's Jackson?" I sighed running my fingers through my chocolate brown hair. Of course Jackson would be running late. I had only asked him to do one thing. All he had to do was go to the store and grab drinks. I paced back and forth glancing at my watch. I had told him to specifically be here at ten. People were already arriving here and all I had was a bottle of soda. Scratch that a half a bottle of soda.

"He'll be here," Judah replied his arm slung around Vincent's shoulders.

"Easy for you to say," I  mumbled folding his arms across my chest. Sometimes I  hated how easy everything was for Judah and Vincent. They made being in a relationship look like a gotdamn cakewalk.

"Hey guys," Marty said walking into the kitchen with a bag in his hand. "I have the alcohol. Something came up so Jackson asked me to bring it."

I rolled my eyes. Figures. Of course, he would ask Marty to bring it. I stared at Marty, his black hair, hazel eyes, and full lips. Was it his looks? Was that why Jackson had cheated? Sure Marty was attractive but he wasn't Jackson's usual type. I watched as Marty placed the drinks on the table. Judah and Vincent helped him, dumping the beers in the cooler on the patio.

I texted Jackson again for what felt like the millionth time, typing capital letters and angry faces at him. He would understand the message.

Crowds of people began coming into my house for my annual Homecoming party. I always threw the biggest parties and they were often talked about for weeks. My parents were gone for the weekend and I had the house all too myself. I folded my arms across my chest, standing off in the corner. I was pretty sure I was emitting a sort of bitchy vibe because no one dared to talk to me. They just smiled and said things like "great party."

"Hey Daye," a voice said from behind me, running their hands across my shoulders. I turned around to see Sam with a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes, sliding his hands off my shoulders.

"Don't touch me. I don't know where your hands have been," I retorted.

"Someone is cranky," Sam retorted a smirk on his face. "Has Jackson been holding out on you?"

"Don't you have something to do," I snorted. "Some girl or guy to bang or something."

Sam chuckled at me, shaking his head. "You know if I were you, I would have cheated on Jackson too. Show him how it feels, you know. Maybe that will make you feel better."

"Ha," I scoffed. "As if I'd ever take advice from you, Sam. You just focus on the next piece of ass that you see. I saw the way you were looking at that new kid."

"Who? Oliver?" he retorted. "He's a hottie. He has that cool calm collected thing going on and he's shy. You know how much I like to break the quiet ones."

I rolled my eyes shaking my head. God, Sam is such a pig. To think I had a crush on him in middle school. Thank god that never went anywhere. His mouth put an end to that real quick. Sam patted me on the back as his eyes darted to the crowd.

"Shit! I see him," Sam said patting me on the back. "I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah," I muttered as he moved through the crowd of people. Boy, he was fast. He better not try to have sex with him here. I was tired of catching him in my parents' room. I ran my fingers through my hair, sighing as Topher walked over towards me with a smile on his face.

"Great party Daye," He nodded a beer in his hand. "Lots of gorgeous women."

"I'm sure," I replied as he handed me a beer.

"I don't want to get in this thing that's going on with you and Jackson," Topher began. "But could you lay off Marty? You've been giving him the stink eye all night."