The Worst Day of My Life (One shot for My Fans)

• Dedicated to To all 2,000 of you! <3

I stood emotionless staring at the words scrawled against my locker. Faggot. Everyone was whispering and staring, pointing at it. It was written with a permanent marker in capital letters. I slid my jacket off attempting to wipe it off, but it wouldn’t come off. I was branded.

Everyone knew. My hands began to tremble, as I dashed down the hall trying to escape. Someone tripped me on my way out, causing me to crash against the tiled floor.

“Oops sorry,” a voice said as I struggled to get my books from off the floor. They kicked it further away from me, calling me a homo and saying other obscene things. I left the books there, grabbing my backpack as I pushed through the door outside of my school. I fumbled with my car keys quickly scanning the parking lot for Honda.

I slid inside quickly, slamming the door shut behind me, locking my doors. I sighed glancing at my cell phone to see I had multiple fb notifications. I quickly glanced at the photo of Jesse and I kissing. He had uploaded it early this morning around one am after I had broken things off with him. I slammed my fist against my steering wheel angrily. I couldn’t believe he had betrayed me like that after everything. My face burned red as I quickly pulled out of the parking lot, speeding off down the street. I turned my radio on loud, tossing my phone in the passenger seat.

Tears streamed down my face as I drove down the dirt road towards my house. It just felt like everything was over – my friends, hockey, my social life. No one would talk to me ever again. Jesse knew that. He knew that. How could he do this to me?

My chest ached and my eyes were burning. I glanced down at the radio changing the station for a second, and when I glanced back a deer jumped in front of my car. I steered quickly to the left, my car sliding off the road and down a hill into the woods. I tried to slam on the brakes, but it was too late. My car hit right into a tree. My airbag burst, hitting me right in the face. Everything went black after that.

When I finally came to, I moved my hands to my seatbelt but it was stuck. I grabbed my cellphone quickly to call for help, but I had no service. I must have driven off further into the woods than I had thought. Fuck. I threw my phone at my dashboard angrily, jerking my seatbelt again.

Could this day get any fucking worse?

My ex-boyfriend had pushed me out the closet. My friends have abandoned me. The school hates me. I’m probably off the hockey team and now I was going to die out here in the woods. Well at least I would never have to go to school again.

They would probably think I committed suicide.

“Hey? Need some help?” a voice came from my car window. I jumped instantly, not expecting anyone to be out here. It was the woods for god’s sake. I turned to see a ridiculously attractive guy with dark eyes and black hair, leaning against my car.

I think I was definitely dead. I died in the crash and I was in heaven now. There was no way a guy this hot would be in the woods. This was too good to be true. This was like something out of a movie. Ridiculously good looking men don’t just appear out of thin air especially in Kansas.

“Oh my god! I thought I was going to die out here for a second,” I said finally snapping back into reality. “My seatbelt is stuck. Could you help me out?”

“Sure,” he replied opening my car door. He leaned over me, the smell of his cologne quickly filling up the small space. My face burned red, as his hand brushed against my leg unleashing my seatbelt with ease. He leaned back opening the door wide as I stumbled out the car. My chest and stomach hurt, where the seatbelt had pressed against me. I moved to the passenger seat, grabbing my cell phone and backpack out.

“Thanks a lot,” I huffed introducing myself to the Adonis that had just saved my life. “Dude I owe you one. I’m Patrick. I promise I wasn’t trying to kill myself. I was dodging a deer and I flew off the side of the road. I don’t know why I’m telling you all this.”