Learning to Love - Part Two

I think I'm just going to do a short story :/ I don't have enough ideas to make it a full story, so for now - unless I come up with something spectacular I'll keep it a short story. Thanks for all the comments and positive reviews. I hope you enjoy the second part :)

Lex

Wednesday came faster than I anticipated. I was a nervous wreck about the entire thing. I felt awkward because I hadn’t told Cullen that I was HIV positive yet. I felt like I was leading him on. I had to tell him. The problem was when though. I mean when is the right time or even the right way to tell someone? Should I just blurt it out over dessert?

“Dean, you’ll know what to say,” Carrie insisted. “I’m sure Cullen won’t care. I think he really likes you.”

“I know he likes me,” I replied. “He told me that he and I met before at Ivy’s.”

“Oh,” Carrie said in shock. “At Ivy’s? And he likes you still?”

I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t that bad. “Shut up, Carrie,” I groaned.

“Sorry honey, but you were a whore,” Carrie said pinching my cheeks. I buttoned my shirt up as I stood in front of the mirror. I had settled on jeans and a button down top. I believe we were going out to eat at a place not too fancy. Cullen had told me to dress casually. I quickly put a brush through my hair, just as he knocked at the door.

“Don’t worry I’ll get it,” Carrie said. I quickly splashed cologne on my neck, checking myself out in the mirror. I could hear Cullen’s voice from my bedroom as the door slammed shut. I peeked out my bedroom to see him talking to Carrie.

God, he was hot. Everything about him attracted me to him from his personality, his walk, his voice, and his lips. The things my mind was imagining were quite dirty. Imagination was where it would stay though.

I took a deep breath as I walked out to meet him. Cullen’s eyes lit up as soon as he saw me.

“Hi,” he said casually. “Are you ready?”

“Yeah,” I replied as I grabbed my jacket. “I’ll see you later Carrie.”

“You two have fun,” she grinned, as we walked out of the apartment.

Thus began our date. My nervousness slowly went away as the date progressed. Cullen was extremely sweet. He brought me to the movie theater to see a film that I had never heard of. I wasn’t much into movies or television now days. It was a great movie though. It actually wasn’t awkward either. Usually when you go to the movies for a first date, it’s kind of awkward. You’re both just sitting there silently watching the film. I don’t know it always feels awkward for me but Cullen would casually whisper something to me though out the film. Afterwards, he took me out to a small hole in the wall kind of place that most would drive by. According to Cullen, they had the best hotdogs in the state.

“Can I get two specialty dogs?” Cullen asked. “I hope you don’t mind that I ordered for you.”

“It’s fine,” I replied. “I’ll grab a table.”

Cullen nodded as I picked a table near the window. The date was going surprisingly well. I mean I hadn’t expected anything too bad but it was nice. I glanced at my phone as it vibrated in my pocket. It was Carrie texting me. I rolled my eyes at her message: You better be home by midnight. Remember only whores give it up on the first date.

How could she joke about that? She knew I wouldn’t be having sex. Sex was the last thing on my mind especially considering I was hundred percent positive that I had HIV. I don’t think Cullen would want to take that risk. Hell, even if I wasn’t HIV positive. Ok, if I wasn’t I would totally be considering it.