A Quiet Friday Night

Requested by nickpitera: Two boys meet in college. 

“Eric, how does this dress look?” Mya asked walking out of her room and into the hallway.

“Sexy,” I mumbled, without even looking at her. My Psychology of sexuality book was far more interesting than Mya’s clothes.

“That’s cool Eric,” she muttered sarcastically. “I didn’t know you had eyes on the top of your head.”

I glanced up with a smirk on my face. She rolled her eyes as she stretched her dress further down her thighs. I didn’t even have to look to know that Mya was wearing something revealing and short. She dressed like that every time she went out. I didn’t even have to look at her to know that.

“Oh whatever,” she said sucking her teeth. “You are so lucky you’re a guy. You can literally throw anything on and no one will say anything.”

“Pretty much,” I mumbled.

“What are you plans for the evening?” Mya asked curiously. She ran her fingers down my back as she sat beside me on the couch.

“I’m probably just going to stay in and do some homework,” I replied casually. “It’s going to be a chill uneventful night.”

Mya groaned, mumbling that I was lame. She walked into the bathroom and began to straighten her hair. Just as she did, our other roommate Lucas walked in, grabbed a book and left. Lucas is an engineering major; so, he spends most of his Friday nights in the library.

“Was that Lucas?” Mya called out from the bathroom.

“Yes,” I replied. “And he just left back to the library.”

“Oh ok,” she replied. A few minutes later, she came out of the bathroom with a few curls in her hair. She hurriedly placed her shoes on, and curled her eyelashes.

“Ok,” she said glancing at herself in the mirror. “I’m sexy. I’ll see ya.”

“Should I expect you back later this evening?” I asked curiously.

“Why?” she said stopping dead in her tracks. “Are you planning on having some company over?”

“I was just wondering,” I replied. “You know just in case I want to masturbate or something.”

“Ha! Good one and I’m not,” she said. “You’re lucky. I’m spending the night at Nick’s. So, you and your hand have all the privacy you need.”

“Finally,” I joked as she headed out of the door. I sighed with relief as I placed my book onto the table. All my roommates were gone, which meant that I had the room to myself. Thank god. This was the first time that they were both out at the same time.

I picked my book up and resumed studying. I had two papers to write, a test to study for and an entire book to read. I think I would be spending the evening in this spot on my couch. I might as well get comfortable. For the next hour or two, I had put a good dent in my homework. That is until my neighbor decided that he wanted to blast his music at the loudest setting. I attempted to drown it out with my headphones but I just couldn’t. I couldn’t take it.

I moved swiftly out of my room and banged on the door loudly. I don’t care if it was Friday. It was quiet hours and I wasn’t having it today. My face was literally a fire red and my ears were burning. One, because I had already knocked twice and they hadn’t heard. Two, because I had a pounding migraine from reading and writing.

The music went down eventually and the door swung open.

“Hello,” a guy said leaning casually against his door. I forget his name but I see him sometimes when I’m in the bathroom.