Daye's Story - Part 2

I walked into the boy’s locker room, looking for Jackson. I felt terrible about the day before and I wanted to get everything out of my chest finally. He needed to know why I was crying and I had been trying to avoid bringing it up. I hated bringing up Marty all the time. I was starting to sound like a broken record but I just wanted Jackson and I to finally move past all of this.

I glanced around the locker room for Jackson but he wasn’t there. Hm. He must have left already. I sighed walking outside towards the parking lot. I stopped as soon as I heard Jackson and Marty’s voices. I glanced around the corner to see Jackson and Marty underneath the bleachers. Marty was smoking a cigarette and Jackson was standing there talking to him. I stood off to the corner so they wouldn’t see me. I was always paranoid that Jackson had feelings for Marty even though he said he didn’t.

I crept closer so I could hear them clearly.

“I don’t know what to do,” Marty huffed flicking his cigarette to the ground and smashing it underneath his foot. “He won’t talk to me at all. Maybe I jumped the gun too soon.”

“He’s confused,” Jackson replied. “He’ll come around I’m sure. You just have to give him some time.”

“Time? He would have had some time if you’re fucking boyfriend hadn’t walked in,” Marty snorted. “Talk about buzzkill.”

I rolled my eyes. Of course he would blame me for walking into my parent’s bedroom. He should have taken it back to his place if he wanted to screw around with Topher.

“You really like him, don’t you?” Jackson asked leaning against the back of the table.

“Since last year,” Marty sighed. “It’s like finally he’s single. Finally he’s sees me and now he just is ignoring me like nothing ever happened. I hate people in the closet.”

“We were all in the closet at some point,” Jackson retorted. “It’s fine.”

“So how’s uh lover’s paradise? Or should I call it lover’s nightmare with Daye?” Marty chuckled.

“He’s being the usual Daye,” Jackson groaned. “God, I wished I never messed this up. We should have never slept together.”

“You mean you should have never told him that we slept together,” Marty retorted poking Jackson in the chest. “Like you never told him about how I was your first kiss and not him.”

“He was my first real kiss,” Jackson snorted. Marty shoved Jackson lightly, rolling his eyes. First kiss? Yeah right. Spin the bottle does not count, Marty.

“So whose better me or Daye?” Marty asked curiously. “You can be honest. I mean Daye’s not here, holding your balls.”

“Shut it,” Jackson huffed. “Daye will always be better because he’s my boyfriend.”

“God you’re such a sap,” Marty chuckled. This was why I loved Jackson. He was always honest with me. I knew he loved me. He always had. I really just need to apologize.

“Sap? Says the guy who is all in love with Topher,” Jackson retorted. Marty rolled his eyes at Jackson, running his hand down his chest and pulling the loop of his jeans.

“I had a crush on you too remember?” Marty said running his hand through Jackson’s hair. I chewed on my lower lip as Jackson shook his head at him. I sucked my teeth as Marty’s hand fell onto Jackson’s crotch. My face burned red as I bit my tongue back. I wanted to say something but for some reason I couldn’t push myself to do so.

“Marty stop,” Jackson groaned. “You always do this. You always come on to me whenever you and Topher get into it.”

“You’re saying that but your body is saying something else,” Marty smirked unbuttoning Jackson’s pants. “When was the last time you and Daye had sex huh?”

Jackson moaned as Marty’s slid his hands into pants. He stopped him though, pulling his pants back up.

“Marty! Stop! I’m not doing this,” Jackson huffed.

“Oh come on,” Marty huffed rolling his eyes. Jackson shook his head walking away.

.I was through. I was done with Marty. I swear I was. I knew I couldn’t trust him.  He and I could never be friends again. Fucking man stealing prick! I stumbled back into the hallway, moving swiftly towards my locker. Tears of anger streamed down my face as I moved quickly through the halls, unable to comprehend what I had just seen. I stumbled into Topher on my way.

“Have you seen Marty?” Topher asked his ace changing as soon as he saw me. “Daye? Are you ok? What’s wrong?”

“I – I,” I stammered across my words. “Jackson. I – I.”

Topher wrapped his arms around me, holding me against his chest as I cried. He led me down the hall and out the double doors. He sat me down on one of the benches, running his fingers across my back.

“I’m sorry Topher but I hate Marty,” I groaned wiping the tears from my eyes. “He’s a dick. I just saw him flirting with Jackson again.”

“Daye? I find that hard to believe,” Topher groaned. “Are you sure you’re not misreading things? You know Marty does things to get under your skin sometimes. He probably just wanted to provoke you.”

“He didn’t know I was watching him,” I muttered. “He had his hands down his pants. I don’t think I misread that.”

“Oh,” Topher retorted. “Marty shouldn’t have done that. It’s my fault. Don’t blame him. Marty only acts this way when he doesn’t get what he wants. I’ve been sending him mixed signals. He hurts other people to make himself feel better.”

“He needs a taste of his own medicine,” I groaned wiping the tears from my face. “I have a plan, Topher. Will you help me?”

“Yeah sure,” Topher agreed.