Chapter 36

I ended up crashing on Niall's lap still on the loveseat after a long night of more screaming and chasing. I really could not ask for a better group of friends and I wouldn't have it any other way. Niall and I woke up at the same time. 

"Morning," he smiled at me.

"Wait, say something else,"

"Why?"

"Because I love your morning voice," I held his face in my hands and placed a light good morning kiss upon his lips.

His phone buzzed behind him. 'Hold on' he mouthed to me answering the phone and walking into the bedroom. I couldn't get a good enough glance at the screen but he acted like it was urgent. The rest of the guys and Hannah eventually woke up before Niall came back.

Liam yawned and asked, "Where's Niall?"

"On the phone," I pointed towards our room and he nodded. A few seconds later, Niall walked out clutching his phone so tight his knuckles were turning pink. His face advertised a smile but I wasn't buying it.

He stood stiffly beside the loveseat and signaled for me to follow him. Why was I getting such a bad feeling about what he was about to tell me. My heart started racing a mile a minute as I sat next to him on the edge of the bed. He just stared down at his hands as if there were a script waiting to be read.

"I- uh. The guys and I got a call from- uh, from Paul the other day," he faltered, "and he told us that we were done in the states for a few months so uh, we're flying back to England tonight to work on the album," he kept on but I was too busy emotionally draining myself.

"There has to be some way I can come with or meet you guys there or something," I interrupted softly, the only thing moving was my mouth. Frozen in place. I didn't even want to move. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and blow away. I couldn't believe it. I finally find somewhere I actually can fit in and feel somewhat special to someone only to have them leave me; just like the rest.

"And that's what I told him, but he told me he doesn't want me getting distracted. That I should be focusing on the band and not girls who will, quote-unquote 'eventually get caught up in your fame and fortune and leave you for nothing'." I felt a tear drip down from my eye onto my cheek. I should've know this would happen. This is why I can't trust people, why I never should've trusted him. I moved my solid gaze from him to the floor as more tears flowed down my face.

"But you wanna know what I told him?" I looked back up into his eyes as he went on,"I told him that I would rather have you than any career."