Chapter 33

author's note: thank you everyone for the 2000+ reads. i never even expected to get over 100 tbh so this is amazing!

*************

We took the elevator down to the lobby and through the door to the indoor pool. Luckily, there was only an older couple inside. I could feel eyes on me the whole time we walked down here. I didn't know who, or whether it was them both, but I was kinda starting to get used to the overly-awkward attention.

I threw my baggy shirt onto the chair and jumped right into the 11 ft. end of the pool. Niall and Harry jumping in directly after, the water obnoxiously smacking into my face. I coughed and felt a hand wrap around my ankle, pulling me underwater. Harry smiled up at me and I accidentally almost kicked him in the face. He seen me struggling for air so he let go. I gasped for air desperately as they both came back up.

"Wanna play chicken fight?" Niall asked as Harry shook his hair around, the water stinging my face.

"With three people?"

"I texted Liam and he's gonna come down," Niall declared just as I was nearly drowned in an enormous splash yet again.

"Well hi to you to Liam," Harry rubbed his eyes, irritated.

"Now you know how it feels!" I yelled and pushed him under before he could protest. He tried grabbing my arms and pulling me under with him but it didn't work. I figured I held him under long enough so I let go and he swam frantically to the top.

"Yeah, we're playing chicken fight alright. Me and Sonia first." He started for the shallow end as he splashed me in the face.

After we all got to the shallow end, I climbed up on Niall's shoulders and Harry did the same with Liam.

"Ugh you're so heavy!" Liam whined jokingly.

"Deal with it!" Harry hollered as we grabbed each other's shoulders.

"You ready, Styles? I don't think you can handle all this," I laughed.

"I guess we'll find out," he smirked and pushed me backwards.

"Hey! You're supposed to count down!" I shouted. Niall leaned forward to help me regain balance.

"Ooops. I'm sorry." he faked.

"Oh so you wanna play the hard way?"

"That's the only way I play, baby." he smiled. I clenched his arms and used all my force to try and push him back. All four of us were laughing hysterically. Me so much that it was getting more and more difficult to keep up with Harry's strength. I stopped fighting and fell backwards, Niall coming down with me as Harry threw his arms up in victory.

"I guess I was wrong." I swam over to Harry and Liam.

"No hard feelings?" he held out his hand and I took it.

"No hard feelings." I took his hand and pushed him under once again.