Chapter 17

*Niall's POV*

"Get up!" I felt Liam shaking me.

"What? What time is it?"

"Noon! We have that charity thing in an hour and it takes thirty to get there! Get up!"

I threw on a clean shirt and grabbed my black supras, writing Sonia a note then following Liam out the door. I wabbled as I held onto the wall trying to slide my foot into the shoe.

"Enjoying your room with Sonia?" Harry asked glaring at me. I have to admit, I didn't know what his deal was but he was always grumpy in the morning so I just ignored it. When we drove down the road to the Children's Hospital, I could not stop thinking about this morning. It felt good to know that Sonia trusted me enough to tell me about her past.

*Sonia's POV*

"Shit what time i-" I yawned but Niall wasn't there. I seen a neon yellow paper and could tell it was Niall's handwriting. 'Hey babe, went out for a charity event, didn't want to wake you. See you around three; left money for room service. -Nialler xx'

I smiled instantly at his signature. How sweet. I folded the 20 dollar bill and set it on the end table.

I grabbed my other spare pair of underwear and all the previously worn clothes and headed down to the small laundry room. I felt around in my pocket for 50 cents then started the washer. To pass the time waiting for my clothes, I pulled out my iPhone and scrolled through my mentions.

I seen exactly what I expected. Hate, hate, and a little more hate.

'Dear haters, while you're talking behind my back feel free to bend down and kiss my ass. xx' I posted confidentally. Niall was absolutely right. There is no reason why I should let them get to me.

As the bell dinged, I grabbed my clothes figuring I could just air dry them upstairs because the laundry room vibe wasn't really for me.

I threw the room key on the kitchen counter and laid down on the sectional, turning on Disney Channel. Maybe I was seventeen, but I would never grow up.

'You doing alright?' from Harry. Hm. I still was curious as to whether he seen the picture because he hadn't talked to me since the lake.

'Yes thank you hare bear.' I decided to tease him a bit because I could picture him getting nothing but joy out of the photoshopped picture.

'Hare bare...cute. Like you. :)' Oh please Harry, that wasn't even flirting.