Chapter 50

I walked over to the cafeteria since my stomach hadn't stopped growling and my mouth thirsted for a bag of crisps and a tea. The money slid through the vending machine, the noise reminding me of the way Sonia used to hum in my ear as we would rest. It sounded like the monotone version of Moments; which was almost entirely accurate.

"You have to wake the fuck up so we can go shopping. Are you seriously letting an opportunity like this go by or are you just too selfish to wake up. God, you've always been so egotistic." Hannah spat at Sonia. She took the next flight to London as soon as she heard the news. Sonia laid in the same position she had been in for the past week.

"Look who decided to eat," Zayn mocked as I sat back down next to Sonia; my free hand automatically intertwined in hers. "Wow, never thought I'd say that."

"You're a douchebag. Leave him alone." Hannah defended and gave me a smile as she informed us that she had to use the restroom. I set the crisp bag on the bedside table and held Sonia's hand in both of mine. She felt so cold. Her icy, blue fingers were stiff against my warm hands.

We all gathered around to talk to her. I never in a million years would've pictured myself in this state of mental insanity, but now it was reality, and no matter how much I longed for it to seize, I knew it wouldn't. Harry offered to go see what was taking Hannah so long since she was missing out on our annual talks, and the rest of them went for a walk. As it had been for the past couple weeks, I would stay glued to this hospital chair.

I missed seeing the way she lit up whenever we were together; the way her brown eyes sparkled as the sun shone on them at Disneyland. It all replayed through my brain. The nights in the bedroom back at the hotel that we would spend just talking about anything and everything. 'Wake up, dear.'

*Liam's POV*

Zayn, Louis, and I sat on the curb in front of the hospital.

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking..?" I gazed into the distance. Picturing just how much more dull and brute my perspective on the world would seem as I lost one of my good friends. In a mental sense, Niall would be dead on the inside so I would not only lose a bandmate, but my best friend.

"We cannot have Niall continue to make her suffer. You heard the doctors; every day that we add to her coma is just another day that she could be happier and safer above." Lou stated. He was right. Sonia had been in a coma for the past two weeks and not even a gesture as simple as a twitching of the finger had occured. We knew what had to be done, and we knew Niall did too. He just didn't want to let go. None of us really did, but it wouldn't be up to us anymore.

*Niall's POV*

"I don't wanna hear it," I said, not even angry, just annoyed. The rest of the boys and Hannah sat around Sonia's bed and stared at me with wonderous eyes.

"Niall, you can't keep-"

"I said, I don't wanna hear it. Oh, and Sonia's mom just heard the news and the closest flight was tomorrow so one of you is gonna need to pick her up." I didn't look up. I didn't need to; I could just feel their gaze stinging my face.

Harry got up and kicked his chair causing it to fly across the room and hit the wall, "YOU'RE BEING SO GODDAMN SELFISH NIALL. YOU CANNOT AND MAY NOT KEEP PUTTING HER THROUGH THIS SHIT!" he stormed out into the hallway and charged down the hall.

"I'll go talk to him," Zayn assured. Something felt utterly worse other than Sonia's condition. Instead of bringing us together, it was tearing us apart. If heart break was a real thing, I surely had it.

*3:08 AM*

I woke up to the moniter beeping. They found a hole in her collapsed lung but said it wouldn't have an affect on her living or dying. As her heart rate stabilized, I clasped her hand in mine and sat up to talk, "Remember that one night when we sat in the hotel room and played guitar. Before we became..us. I moved your finger to fit the right chord and you looked up with me with those big, brown eyes as if the world had just been placed at your fingertips. And when we spent three whole hours talking about how funny our times at McDonalds were. It sounds so weird talking about it now; now that you're not exactly here but it's okay because neither am I and I really haven't been for a while now. I'm off somewhere where it's just you and me and me and you. Niall and Sonia against the world." Just as the tears fell, I felt something. A twitch; her finger twitched. I just stared at her face, urging her to open her eyes. Using the keen telepathy we joked about sharing.

'Just wake up. Everything's going to be just fine,"

*************

a/n: looong chapter. and sorry that this chapter is so late; i worked on it a couple days ago but never got around to finishing it. i really cannot thank you guys enough for 11,000. I LOVE YOU GUYS.