Chapter 51: the end♥

*Niall's POV*

I sat and waited for everyone to meet me up at our new room. They'd taken her up a couple levels to the recovery unit after I notified the nurse about the twitch. She said any kind of movement anywhere is a sign of redemption.

"Sonia?!" Louis yelled as they all piled beside the bed.

"She's not awake yet," I explained, "her finger twitched and the doctor's told me that they have to put her on this-"

"What the fuck," I looked up at Hannah after I heard the weak murmur but her gaze was directed towards Sonia.

"What?" I asked, clueless.

She looked up at me like I was stupid and said, "that wasn't me, Niall." My head turned quickly towards Sonia's face. Her eyes still weren't open but her nose was scrunched in digust and her mouth moved as if she was cussing someone out in soft whispers. I looked up at the ceiling and smiled the smile I never thought I'd use again.

*Sonia's POV*

My fingers felt stiff and I thought that if I tried to make a fist, they'd crumble. My eyes felt no better; it felt like I'd been socked right in the eye and they'd somehow caved into socket.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Harry hollered probably loud enough for everyone in the whole hospital to hear. I knew he was smiling even though my eyes were still closed; a feeling I'd missed so dearly.

My eyes finally peeled open and the light coming in from the window burned like it never had before.

"HOLY LIGHT," I screamed, earning laughs from everyone. As the blur cleared, I seen everyone.

"HANNAH?!"

"SONIA?!" she pulled me into a hug and the bruises on my arms ached but it didn't matter. They helped me sit up and I stretched. My bones cracked like they'd been inanimate for years; oh wait. I rubbed the overly anticipated amount of sleep out of my eyes and hugged everyone individually.

"Man, you guys look like shit." I laughed.

"You're one to judge, hon." Zayn remarked with a joking grin.

"Oh I'm sorry. I should've hired someone to come fix my hair and makeup every couple hours while I was in a coma," I pushed him playfully away from the bed and looked out the window. It felt so good to be alive again.

"Sorry guys, but I think I should get some shut-eye. I'm pretty tired."

"That's a sick joke," Liam shook his head in disagreement; the rest of us were laughing.

I pressed the help button on the side the bed as all the needles and IV's were starting to agitate me. A middle-aged woman walked in and greeted, "Look who's awake! Are you feeling alright, sweetie? You were asleep for quite sometime!"

"More like dead," I mumbled as she handed me a glass of water. It felt good against my dry tongue and my chapped lips. "Can I take all these stickers off my stomach? It's like pulling on my skin," she nodded and took them off.

"I'm going to go tell Dr. Aimes you're awake! If you need anything, I'll be right out here, hon." I gave a thankful nod and took another gulp of water. So far, I'd talked to everyone but Niall. I didn't remember why I was here, but I figured it had something to do with him as he sat quietlly to the side.

"Hey guys, can I get a sec with Niall?" they all nodded, probably expecting the time to come sooner or later, and left the room.

"Meet us in the cafeteria when you're done," Zayn said and they all headed out.

"I'm so sorry," Niall pleaded as I gestured for him to sit in the bed with me. We were cross-legged, face-to-face, as I grabbed his hands in mine.

"Before you start to apologize, I kinda need to remember what happened," he explained to me about the fake-dating thing and how him and someone named Ava were at Harry's when I walked in on them making out when it was Ava who attacked his face when she seen me walking in. Then, he told me that I took the car and ran it off the road into a lake and that's why I was here.

"So I've been in a coma for two weeks?"

"Three, almost." I was actually really surprised at myself. Why would I drive my car off the road on purpose without knowing the whole story; especially with how the day was going so well?

"I don't think I intentionally drove my car off the road it just doesn't sound like me," I was so confused by this point.

"You didn't. A garbage truck ran into the side of the car which made you swerve and go into the lake. Man I'd like to shove a-"

"Niall," I giggled, "at least I'm alive, right?" I was angry at myself for overreacting. None of this would've ever happened if I would've just asked the simple question.

"So you forgive me?" his eyes were the bright blue I'd always known and adored and his smile made the room seem even brighter. "There's nothing to forgive." I leaned over as he wrapped his arms around me and knew I was finally home.

**********

THE END! whatd you guys think eh? i have an idea for the first chapter of the sequel but i need a title sooo if you guys have any ideas for one i would love to hear it. :) also, im thinking about writing a fic with a plot i dont think anyone else has really come up with so im really excited to dabble with my ideas for it :) it feels so weird to finally be over! thanks to every single one of your reads, votes, and comments bc i definitely wouldnt have continued without them. i love you all!

 CHAPTER ONE OF THE SEQUEL TAKE ME HOME: http://www.wattpad.com/7225282-take-me-home-sequel-to-loved-and-lost-chapter-1?d=ud