Chapter 50

You walk over to your closet and open it slowly. Inside hangs a dress so beautiful, you've never seen anything like it. It's all black, the bustier is strapless, covered in delicate lace, and decorated with black glitter, attatched to an excessive skirt consisting of many layers of tarlatan. The dress practically screams you, and only one person knows you that well. Loki. But how?

You turn around and look at your friends. "We know what you're thinking, but we know nothing", your friend says. "I found it yesterday. I don't know how it got there. Please put it on and join us at the party". You look at the dress again. "Just give me a minute to get ready", you say and smile.

You walk down the hall with your friends. You all look smashing. You feel like you can conquer the world in the dress you're wearing. It's like it's enchanted with love, hope and everything you haven't felt for so long. It's like Loki's around you, close to your body in every inch of the dress' fabric. Suddenly you can't breath. You miss him so much it hurts. You stumble towards an open window to get some air, almost falling out. Your friends catch you. "Be careful!", your friend shouts. They comfort you till you feel a bit better, and then you continue walking to the ball. You enter the room, all eyes are on you. You feel exposed and very uncomfortable, though you know they mean no harm by looking at you. They think you are beautiful. They think you are strong. They think about what you've been through. Snape walks up to you. "May I have this dance?", he asks. You smile vaguely and accept. At first it's just you and Snape at the dance floor, but then others start to dance too. "You look beautiful tonight. I'm glad the dress fit", Severus says. "You?", you ask shocked. "No, I just put it in your closet", Snape replies. "But...", you start asking, slowly realizing that the room has stilled, but the music is still playing. Someone taps Snape on the shoulder. "Mind if I cut in?", you hear a familiar voice say. Snape smiles and takes a step back, revealing Loki in all his glorious might.

Your heart stops beating. He's standing in front of you wearing an all black suite. His sexy, black hair is groomed slick back, and he got the world's biggest smile on his face. You are stunned, speachless, you think you are dreaming, this is simply too good to be true. Loki steps foward and takes your right hand in his and places his other arm around your waist. Slowly it sinks in that he's there, that it's real and you start moving to the music. You look at his beautiful face and tears start to stream down yours. "I've missed you so", you say. "And I you", Loki says. "I've been in hell", you say. "Me too", Loki presses you against him. You look at each others lips, and before you know it, they clash together like an unstoppable impact. "Oh Loki", you say, hearing the studens cheer. "Come with me", Loki says and takes your hand, leading you out. You pass your friends, which are both smiling and crying, cleary happy for you. Loki nods at Snape and Dumbledore when you pass them before he takes you to one of your secret hiding places.

You are still stunned. "How did you get in here?", you ask when you stop. "Snape", Loki says. "He found me... I've been sending back his letters unopened and steered clear of him, but he sill managed to find me. He said that you'd forgiven him... And I thought to myself that if you could forgive him, then so could I. He told me that I still had to stay away and not try to obtain any sort of contact with you, as a part of our sentence, and if I did, follow his demands that is, he'd help me get into Hogwarts today. He said that we've been punished long enough. I gave him the dress to put in your closet... And I promised him we'd leave if our feelings welled up and got too public... They don't want to encourage this kind of relationship you know", Loki smiles. "I know. We've been punished, and we've been made an example of", you say. "Yes", Loki says. "No doubt about that. But we've also shown that true love can't be broken", Loki looks at you. "Never", you say and smile. "That's why I was hoping...", Loki clears his throat and takes out his wand. "If you'd do me the honour...". He whispers a spell over his open palm, black smoke rises and then clears, revealing a little black box. He kneels. Your heart is pounding like crazy. You wanna scream yes even before he's asked the question. He opens the box. Black glitter sprinkles out of it and then you see it. The ring. All black with black diamonds. He looks you in the eyes. "Will you marry me", you hear his voice inside your head. "Yes", you say out loud. "A million times yes". You throw your arms around his neck and you fall onto the floor. "Ehehehe", Loki laughs. You laugh too. "I love you so much", he says. "I love you more", you say and kiss him.

Epilog: You graudate from Hogwarts shortly after. Loki's waiting for you at the gate. You get married the same summer, and move into the cottage that used to be your weekend getaway place. Snape was Loki's best man at the wedding, and later your first child's godfather. Loki's started working at a Potion store, mixing remedies to help cure sick people, and you help him out every now and then. Your life is quite wonderful and you live happily, magically ever after.