Chapter 43

Monday morning. You're back at school. You and Loki said your goodbyes yesterday, deciding to stay low for for a while. At least till the next weekend, only seeing each other in class, across the room and passing each other in the hall. The longing looks you send each other are not to be mistaken though, but you can't help it. Neither of you. You're too in love to care.

The morning sickenss has kicked in, and you throw up every day. You've excused yourself from class at least four times, even Loki's class. "I can't take this no more", you say out loud. Your friend and you are alone in the girls' bathroom, and you've just said farewell to your breakfast. You wipe you lip and brush your teeth. "When will this sickening hell be over?", you sigh and spit. "Soon, hopefully", your friend says and strokes your back. She's been a tremendous support. She feels sorry for you and Loki, and the possibility that Snape might know. "Any news?", she asks. "About Loki and Snape you mean?", you ask. "Yes", your friend nods. "No, nothing. I can't stand this. Not knowing what will happen to us is far worse than throwing up everyday", you say. You look into the mirror. You look exhausted. "He's probably putting us through this hell just to punish us. I just hope it will come to terms soon. To get it over with. But maybe we're in luck, maybe he doesn't know anything at all".

"Off again, are we?", Snape asks Loki as he passes him in the corridor. "Yes", Loki says and continues to walk. Loki's been on guard all week, ready to be confronted, but Snape has kept his distance, probably to torture him. "To that cottage, am I right?", Snape says and Loki freezes like he's been struck by ten winters at the same time. "I know", Snape says. Loki turns to face him, his eyes full of loath and despair. He walks slowly over to Professor Snape and stops beside him and whisper "And what will you do?". "What I must", Severus replies. Loki grabs him by the throat and slams him against the wall. He has seen the Professor's plan. And he did not like it. "Do not come between us", Loki frowns in his face. "There shouldn't be the two of you in the first place", Snape spits back. "You know that, she knows that. I do not come between you, the rules do. And you both know the conditions of this... Love affair", Snape looks into Loki's eyes, which are black with hatred. "I though we were friends", Loki says and loosen his grip around Severus' neck. "And yet you attack me", Snape says and fixes his cloak. "I'm sorry", Loki says and bows his head. "We are friends", Snape says. "So consider this a warning; break it off, and I'll tell no one. Continue and there will be consequences". Loki looks down. He knows what he must do.