Chapter 41

It's Wednesday, and you're in the "Room of Requirement" again. It's most safe there, and since you want to and really need to be together, it's there for you.

Loki doesn't know who almost trapped you on Monday, but he's got a hunch, and when the time is right, he'll confront whoever is invading your privacy. But it might be already too late.

You talk about all and everything. Even though you've written letters to each other almost every day, telling about details from your day, sad and glad happenings, you want to talk more. "I really wanted to be there for you, at your mother's funeral. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you. I cried knowing I couldn't be there to support you", you say and look into Loki's eyes. "It was terrible, the worst day of my life", Loki sighs. "I know you wanted to be there, and I wanted you there, but... You were there", he smiles. "In here, and here", he points both at his heart and at the pendant you've given him. The pendant's a very simple circle, nothing girly about it, and you love that Loki actually wears it, not just keeping it in his pants' pocket or something. You smile too. "I've know I thanked you before, but thanks again for the beautiful necklace you got me. It's my favorite piece of jewelery, I'll never take it off!". You run your fingers across the alchemy necklace around your neck. Some of your friends have asked who you got it from, and you said that you got if for yourself. Another lie.

"We must see a nurse, outside of school, soon, so you can get a check up", Loki smiles. "Yes, I've been meaning to get an appointment", you say. "It probably won't show for some weeks, hopefully months, yet. But if I've read correctly, the morning sickness is right around the corner. It probably should have happened already, but maybe it'd decided to skip me", you smile. "Let's hope so. It will be hard to cover up running out of class to throw up several times, several days in a row", Loki runs a hand through his sexy, black hair. "Yes, it will, and it will probably give away what's going on too. Not with us, but with me, that I'm knocked up", you look down at your stomach. "It's wierd you know... I never pictured myself having a baby". "You're only 18 years old, babies shouldn't be the first thought on your mind", Loki says. "Are you mad at me that you are? Pregnant, I mean?". He looks at you with his puppy eyes. "God, no, I mean, it would have been great if it didn't happen before I finished school, but it did, and here we are, going to make the best of it. And I know we will, whoever's in here will get the best", you smile.