Chapter 40

Loki looks at you, placing a stray string of hair behind your ear. "You were about to tell me something", he says. "Yes. Yes, I was", you say and swallow hard. You get up and walk around the room. "Don't read my mind!", you say and look at him. "I won't", he says and gets up as well. "I'm trying to find the right words, but I guess there's no right way to tell you this", your eyes tear up as you look into his. "Loki...", you start saying. "Loki, I'm pregnant".

Loki's standing still, like he's frozen to the ground. "Say something", you say after a while. "Please". Loki walks up to you, his eyes piercing yours like a wall of knives. He's angry, that much you can tell. Angry, and... Happy? Loki smiles before he presses his lips against yours. Then he hugs you and holds you tight. You're slightly confused, but kinda relieved. He leans his forhead against yours, looking at you. Then he turns away from you, walking around the room before he sits down, tears running down his face. "Loki, please, say something", you cry too as you kneel beside him. "I'm sorry, it's my fault. I... It's...". "Shhhh, don't be sorry, it's not your fault. I'm sorry, it's my fault". "The hell it is!", you shout. "I came to see you! The night before you left. I caused this". "We caused this, we did it", Loki says. "Yes, yes, we did", you say quietly. You stand up to walk around the room, but get dizzy and fall towards the floor. Loki gets up and catches you just in time. "My love", he says with a worried look on his face. "Are you all right?". "I'm fine", you say and try to smile. "Are you?", you ask him. "With all of this?". "Oh, Y/N, I'm more than okay with all of this", Loki smiles, his eyes sparkling like diamonds. "I couldn't be more happy". He kisses you as you sink slowly towards the floor, you in his lap, with his arms around you.

"I... When my mother died... I lost one of the two most important things in my life... Then you tell me that you're pregnant with my child, and I suddenly have two important things again. You... and whoever's in here", Loki strokes your belly. "I was just so overwhelmed by all emotions possible when you told me the news, and combined with us nearly getting caught, I was out of my good self for a while", Loki strokes your cheek. "My love, loves, I'll love you forever", he kisses you softly, and you hold onto him tight. "Always", he whispers.