Chapter 36

Severus walks towards your cloak, which is by luck folded with it's patch down and out of sight. Just as he's about to pick it up, Dumbledore is at the door. "Professor Snape, what are you doing in Professor Laufeyson's room?". Snape freezes and turns slowly to greet the headmaster. "Loki asked me to see if he's left something behind. He overslept and left in a hurry", Severus replies. "And did he?", Dumbledore asks. "Did he what?", Snape asks. "Forget anything?", Dumbledore looks suspiciously at him. "No, everything seems to be in order", Professor Snape says. "Well, then, let's carry about our day. I believe you ought to be places too?", Dumbledore smiles. "Yes", Severus says and nods. They both leave and close the door behind them.

You sigh with relief. That was a close call. This relationship has becomed very dangerous, so all in all you're glad that it has some time to cool off. Your hot passion and losing of all senses is putting the both of you at stake. You crawl out from under the bed grabbing your cloak. You're tempted to make Loki's bed, but if Snape's to return you have to leave it like that. And what about the cloak? If Snape did return, he'd notice that it's missing. Suddenly you remember seeing Loki's cloak in his closet. You pull it off it's hanger and try to fold it the same way yours was folded on the chair. "There", you say. "And now what? How do I explain missing my very first class to the teacher, and to my friends? Damn me and my lust. Damn my rebellious heart!".

Getting back to your room was tricky, but you managed it becuase of the map. You have already figured out what to say to the teacher and to your friends. Dating Professor Laufeyson and lying to your friends for the past half school year, has done it's work on your quick tongue. Once more will it utter a lie, though your best friend, who already probably knew why, will learn the truth once you're alone.

To secure your alibi, you go to see the school nurse, telling her that you feel sick to your stomach. You have swallowed one of the pills once given to you by Fred and George Weasley. And since the pill is way past it's due date, you know you'll actually feel ill. Which is only for the better to fit your story, that is now kinda half true, half a lie. You curl up on your bed, waiting to get the explaination out and over with. One last untruthful tale. Till next year.