Chapter 37

"So you think she's been lying, all this time?", one of your friends ask another friend of yours. "Yes, I do", the other friend says and crosses her arms. "She claims to have been dating two guys at the same time, one here, from Slytherin, and one outside of school, in the village, older than her. She needed a fake guy here at school to cover up her sneaking around, and one outside of school, to cover up her weekends. But suddenly the Professor leaves, and she doesn't need her fake relationships anymore. She doesn't go anywhere anymore. She hangs with us, because he's not here, she dosen't have to lie and sneak off. But I promise you, once Professor Laufeyson's back, she'll start lying again, telling us that she's back together with Slyther-boy, and probably the older one too. Believe me, I've been thinking about this, analyzing this, for a long, long time, ever since she got that letter that dissolved into black glitter. And did you see her new necklace? It's way too expensive for any younger guy to have given her that, and it's way to dark in it's style to have been given to her by her family. That much I know. We've known her since our first year here at Hogwarts. But not this year, she's changed. And he must be the reason why".

"And what if he's the reason why? What if she's dating the Professor? What can we do? What will you do?", your friend looks at your other friend. "I don't know. I don't want to get her expelled, but I can't stand the fact that she's been lying through her teeth for the past six months, not trusting us, after all we've been through together here at school. It hurts me to think that she's been blowing us off, to come crawling back once the Professor's gone. How she's kinda been indifferent about hanging with us, and in class. Her eager to attend "Defense Agains The Dark Arts" went from 10 to 0 once Snape took over. That's one of the things that tipsed me off. They must be together, there is no other explaination". "You're probably right, but I hope you're not", your friend says and sighs. "We better get to class". "Yes", your other friend nods. "Please don't tell anybody about our conversation." "I won't". Your friends head to class, unaware that the conversation has been exposed to a coulpe of ears belonging to a very cunning man; Professor Snape.