Chapter 49

The day after Snape's visit you feel strong enough, and motivated enough, to attend classes again. You get looks from students all day, all week, and then some. Some whisper and laugh, some girls give you a supportive smile, and some just look at you like you're a wierd beast from another planet. You couldn't care less. You're proud of what you did. You followed your heart, and in reward, you got to feel the greatest love you could ever dream of. Loki's love. You'll always love him. And finishing school, with good grades, was a promise you've made. Both to him, and to yourself, and you're planning to keep that promise. It would require a lot of work of course, since your unrational thinking and behavior, plus the past week at the hostpital, have made you fallen behind. But your friends are determined to help you, and you coudn't be more grateful. After all the lying, after all the sneaking around... You know some of them probably have talked behind your back, trying to figure things out. You don't blame them, you probably would have done the same. But it's time to look ahead. To set course for the end of the school year. To see the light at the end of the long, dark, hardworking tunnel. To see Loki. Hopefully.

It's the end of the school year. You're so worn out, you can't think straight. So many tests and finals, your head is a mess. You knew that the last year at Hogwarts would be the hardest one, the final mile of basic and important knowledge before you step out into the wizarding world. But you didn't know it would be hard in every way, both in love and with school work. Months have gone by, and you haven't heard one word from Loki. You've been thinking about him everyday, dreaming about him, missing him like crazy. Some days you've broken down and cried so hard you thought you were gonna die of a broken heart. You know nothing. Does he still love you? Will you ever see him again? Has he forgotten about you already?

To mark the school year's end, Hogwarts is hosting a ball. All students are invited, and the place is looking quite chipper and glammed up. You really don't feel like going. Some guys have made some stupid remarkes, saying "I'd love to take you, but I'm not a professor" or "I'd could take you to the ball, but I'm not old enough" and so on, making fun of your relationship with Professor Laufeyson. You could kick them in the nuts.

"No, I'm not going", you shout and cross your arms. "Drop it! You guys go ahead and have fun. I'll stay right here and have a ball with this book". You pick up a heavy book and sit down on your bed. "The hell you are!", a friend of yours snaps the book out of your hands. "You are coming with us, and that's final!", another friend says. "But I got nothing to wear. Plus the guys here at total douche balls", you say. "Forget about them! You're going with us. The cool gang, and we're gonna rock the place", your friend smiles. "But I got nothing to wear", you repeat. "Oh, I think you do", another friend of yours says. "What?", you ask. "Check your closet", she says and smiles.