Chapter 47

A week goes by, and you're still in the hospital bed. Your body's been so weakened by the lack of food, and not to mention the spontanious abortion, there's absolutely no energy left. You try to sleep, you try to eat, but it's so hard to function. All you can think about is Loki and the lost baby. If Snape never found out, if he had left the two of you alone, then you and Loki would still be together, and maybe the baby would have survived. Things would be so different. You hate Snape and what he's done to you. You've lost everything because of him.

Your friends have been droping by, keeping you company, handing you some homework, which you have failed to do. You know you promised Loki to stay in school, to finish what you've started, but for the time being, you can't see it happening.

Even your parents came by to see you. They were so shocked to learn about your forbidden relationship with Professor Laufeyson, and that you've gotten pregnant, but lost the baby. Your mom practically didn't say a thing. Your dad tried to smile and give you a hug, whispering "we love you no matter what". It was a bit comforting. Maybe an outside of school relationship with Loki wasn't so far off, though you haven't heard from him. No letter, no nothing. Maybe he understands that he's better off without you, since you've caused him his job and all.

Your sister's sitting on the bed, holding your hand, almost eating the whole story of you and Loki out of it. She's always been the good one. Setteling down, raising a kid, being proper and decent. Everything you're not, and kinda don't want to be. And probably never will be after this year's events at Hogwarts. "I can't believe that you went after the Professor", your sister smirks. "If you've seen him, you would have done that same thing", you try to joke. "Or not. Miss Perfect. Miss Star Student. Sorry, Mrs. You're married now". "Oh, come on! Don't be like that", your sister gives you a careful nudge in the side. "I've always thought you've been so cool, too cool for me". "Really?", you smile. "Yes", your sister says and gives you a hug. "You got guts, girl. I think what you did this year, following your heart... I'm proud of you". Your sister's words gives you strength, and hope. Maybe others think what you did wasn't so bad after all.