Chapter 31

"So, how's things?", Severus asks Loki. "Good. Things are good", Loki replies. "And your mother?". "Not so good", Loki says. "Still no break-through in the potion department?", Severus asks. "No, not yet, and I feel like I'm running out of time", Loki sighs. "I can help you, if you want", Professor Snape offers. "Yes, I'd like that very much", Loki smiles.

Loki and Professor Snape have becomed friends. More or less. Loki's exchanged more words with him than with any other teacher on the staff, so he likes to think of Severus as a friend. "You keep to yourself a lot, don't you?", Severus asks. "Yes, I... I'm not very social", Loki says. "I didn't mean that in a bad way, more as a compliment. I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers the company of loneliness", Severus tries to smile. "Ehehehe", Loki chuckles. "Loneliness can be a good friend". Though Loki's take on so-called loneliness is being with you, and he can't wait to see you again.

You're waitning for Loki in the dark corridor. You still use the corridor as a meeting place even though your friend knows about it. And now that you know that someone might be keeping an eye on you, you use the map more often, and Loki's more tuned into the environments, knowing if anyone's lurking to bust the two of you.

You're leaning against the wall, your arms crossed, trying to keep warm. Your hiding place isn't very warm and winter has arrived big time. Suddenly Loki appears out of no where. "How did you?", you ask shocked. "I'm quite the trickster", Loki smirks and walks towards you. "I'll teach you someday, I need a trickster queen by my side". "Hello, my love", he says when he's standing right in front of you. He's looking into your eyes and you can feel the cold feeling inside you vanish as the warmth of his being heat your body. "Loki", you say. He strokes your cheek and leans in to kiss you.