Different Styles (Lindir x modern!fem goth reader)

Lindir was confused. When he first met you, you had seemed fairly open to talking to others. Yet, as your time in Rivendell had gone on, you retreated into your shell, especially around him. He couldn't understand it. Had he offended you somehow? Were you homesick? The steward had no idea, but he wanted to find out.

You were an odd one. You had appeared on the borders of Rivendell with no clue as to where you were. You were wearing dark clothes and you hair, which was very clearly a lighter color normally, had been colored to match your clothing. You wore things to paint your face with darker colors too. It fascinated Lindir and, when he asked you about it, you had been willing to tell him that it was a style called "goth" where you were from. He wanted to know more, but after that, you had stopped talking to him for the most part.

"Lady Y/N?" You jumped a bit at the sound of your name. "Lindir!" Lindir smiled sadly at you. "Have I done something to offend you?" Your brows drew together. "What do you mean?" He gestured to the space next to you, silently asking if he could sit. You moved so there was room for him. "You don't speak as much as you did a few weeks ago. It has troubled me and I wondered if I have offended you in some way."

You shook your head and gave him a smile that did not reach your eyes before looking away. "You haven't done anything, Lindir. I just...I don't know how to say it." Lindir felt his usually steady hands shake as he reached over to place a hand over yours. He hoped this would be comforting to you. "Don't be afraid to speak what's on your mind, my lady. I only wish to know what it is you're thinking."

Meeting his eyes again, you sighed. "I like you, Lindir." Lindir grew confused again. He wondered why that was so difficult for you to say. "And I am fond of you as well, my lady." You sighed. "No, Lindir. I mean I like you...romantically." Lindir felt his eyes widen. "Y-Why?" You laughed lightly at seeing him so flustered. "Why not? You're great. You're charming and kind. Hard-working and determined. You never lose your cool. And you're a musician too."

"You think all that?" You nodded and he continued, "And yet you said nothing. Why?" You shrugged. "I couldn't find the words. And besides, I didn't think there was any hope. You're all bright and cheerful and I'm...well, look at me." You turned your head away again only to feel Lindir's slim fingers on your chin. He turned your head back to face him.

"I am looking at you, Y/N. And you are beautiful. The clothing you wear does not change that. It adds to the things that intrigue me about you. But you are much, much more than your clothing. You are beautiful woman, Y/N and I have to admit that I have found myself thinking about you a manner other than friendly as of late."

You snorted. "Are you saying you like me, Lindir?" The elf chuckled. "Yes, Y/N. I like you...romantically." You rolled your eyes. You turned your hand over so you could lace your fingers with Lindir's. "Thank you, Lindir." Lindir felt himself beginning to blush and dropped his head. You reached over and lifted his head up so you could press a kiss to his cheek. Feeling the warmth of his blush made your own face start to heat up. You turned away, but didn't let go of Lindir's hand. The two of you sat there, hands intertwined, enjoying the silence between you. 

(a/n: I know it's short, but I couldn't think of where else to take it. On another note, the next fic I post in this book will be the first of the Tolkien Au requests on the new list!)