A New and Exciting World (Fellowship/Haldir/Faramir x fem!reader)

You let out a scream when you opened your bathroom door and found a group of males standing in your bedroom. You slammed the door again and leaned against it. You felt yourself blushing. You were in a towel. Why in the world did it look like a Renaissance Faire just descended into your bedroom? You bit back a groan as you realized that your clothes were laying on your bed.

"Are you alright, my lady?" you heard a voice from the other side of the door. "Yeah. I'm fine. Could you please just go? I don't have anything worth taking." You were shaking and praying they'd leave you alone. "We aren't here to take anything, my lady." You sighed. "Okay. Please just go. I'm not exactly dressed for company." You heard the sound of your bedroom door opening, several sets of feet scurrying out, and the door closing again. You breathed a sigh of relief and opened the bathroom door.

As you dressed, you shook your head. Not exactly how you thought you'd start your morning. Once you were dressed and your hair was fixed, you left your room. Once again, you let out a little shriek. The same group of males were all standing around your living room. "Seriously?! I thought I asked you to leave?" If you hadn't just fixed your hair for work, you'd have run your hand through it.

One of the men carefully approached you. You grabbed the nearest thing to you, a wooden spoon, and brandished it at him. "Stay back." You were certain you looked ridiculous. "My lady, I'm afraid there's been some sort of mistake," the eldest of the men said. He carried a walking stick and looked friendly enough.

By now you were shaking. "My name is Gandalf and, if you will permit me, I shall introduce the others and explain to you what has happened. Why we have intruded on your home." You let your eyes wander over the group in front of you in your tiny living room. If you were being honest, they looked as scared and confused as you were. So, against your better judgment, you nodded. Gandalf introduced all the strangers in your small apartment.

*time skip*

That had happened months ago. Now, you couldn't imagine a day without those crazy boys. Sure, you had to move into a bigger place, but it was worth it. At first, everything had been awkward and strange, but you soon found that you enjoyed teaching them about our world. Some things they were able to grasp fairly quickly. Especially the hobbits with the oven...go figure. You had to keep Merry and Pippin out of your kitchen. Right now, they were playing video games while you, Faramir, and Haldir where making supper for everyone.

"That's not fair, Merry! You cheated!" You laughed at Pippin. He reminded you a lot of the kids you used to babysit. "Miss Y/N?" You turned to look at Faramir. "How do you work this contraption?" He was standing in front of the blender with a look of pure confusion on his face. You quickly gave him instructions, but didn't realize that he'd forgotten to put the lid on the blender. He pressed the button and smoothie flew everywhere.

Faramir hastily hit the button and apologized profusely as you took in the mess all over the kitchen. You were soon doubled over in a fit of giggles. "Very good, brother!" Boromir cheered as Faramir turned a deep shade of red. You reached over and gave his arm a squeeze. "No big deal. Let's just clean it up and start again." Faramir gave you a grateful smile and started to help clean up.

After supper, it was Boromir who helped you to clean up the dishes. You got along with everyone so far, especially Gimli. He reminded you of your grandfather. Absolutely no filter and tough as nails. But you grew closest with Haldir, Boromir, and Faramir. The two brothers treated you like royalty and constantly thanked you for allowing them into your home. And Haldir treated you with the ultimate respect and adoration. To be honest, you'd be sad to see them all go, if they ever found a way back to where they were from.

"They all love you. You know that, don't you?" Boromir asked as you handed him a plate to dry. You glanced at him, brows furrowed in confusion. "The fellowship. Haldir. My brother. They all love you. You've helped us in ways you could never imagine. You gave a us a place to stay and even helped young Frodo, although the Ring seems to have lost its power over us all here."

You smiled. "It was nothing. I'll admit, I was scared out of my mind when I stepped out of the shower that day to find you all in my bedroom, but since then, it's been one crazy day after another. A nice change from my usual routine," you told him with a laugh. Boromir chuckled along with you before saying, "It was an interesting experience. I will say that none of us expected it, but we have enjoyed it. Although none as much as Haldir." He whispered the last part so only you could hear.

You arched a brow and Boromir laughed, but didn't explain himself. Instead, he dried the last of the dishes and left the kitchen. You stood in front of the sink, lost in your confusion. "He is correct," a voice made you jump a little. "Geez, Haldir! I've asked you not to sneak up on me like that! It's unnerving," you complained with a little laugh.

Haldir gave a little bow and you rolled your eyes. There were some mannerisms the two elves hadn't quite broken yet. That was one of them. "I couldn't help but overhear what Boromir said to you. It is true." You cocked your head to the side and Haldir laughed softly. "I have enjoyed this experience perhaps more than the others and it is all because of you." You felt your face heat up.

Haldir wasn't a very outspoken person. In fact, he had kept his emotions pretty well hidden since they'd all arrived there. So, to hear him saying things like this was a surprise. He'd never shown any signs before. "Are you saying you like me, Haldir?" His eyes scanned your face. "I am not certain that 'like' is the appropriate word, my lady Y/N." You fought the urge to roll your eyes. You'd tried to get him to stop calling you that. "Then what would be the appropriate word, Haldir?"

You couldn't deny that your heart was full of hope. Haldir was different, sure, but he was everything you could have wanted in a partner. He was caring, even if he hid it behind a mask of coldness. He was intelligent and strong. He was capable of strong compassion if given the chance and he was protective. The fact that he was positively stunning was just a bonus.

Haldir took a cautious step closer to you. You were in full view of the others, but they were all engrossed in what they were doing. "There are many words to describe how I feel about you." He reached over and pushed some of your hair behind your ear. "Adoration. Admiration. You are pure starlight to me, Melamin." You grew confused at the last word. It wasn't one you'd ever heard. Haldir chuckled softly. "My love," he answered your unspoken question.

"You love me." It wasn't exactly a question, but Haldir nodded. He moved slowly but surely as he took your hands in his. "I do and I must confess to being afraid." You didn't even need to ask why. If he and the others managed to get back, what would happen to you? To whatever relationship happened? Would Haldir even go back, given the chance?

"So am I, but I'm willing to take the chance if you are," you admitted quietly. He let go of one hand and brought his up to your face. "I am willing." Nothing more was said. It didn't need to be. You stood there, in your kitchen, reveling in the closeness. Haldir's eyes bore into yours and you never wanted to leave. You were completely content to stay there in that moment forever.