At War's End (Faramir x fem!reader)

Eomer was giving you a fair scolding when Faramir first saw you as you truly were. When you had first ridden into Gondor with the rest of the Rohan riders, Faramir thought you were a man. To be fair, you had been dressed as one and your (h/c) hair had been tucked up under your helmet. Once safely behind the gates, you removed your helmet and everyone had seen that you were in fact a woman. Now, Eomer was letting you have it for deceiving him and putting yourself in danger.

After Eomer left you, you sighed deeply. You'd been expecting Eomer's anger, so you had already steeled yourself for it. You glanced around and saw that the only other person around was Faramir. You flushed and practically ran away.

To say that Faramir was intrigued by you would be an understatement. He had to know more about you, but, in all honesty, the man was too nervous to talk to you. He'd never really met anyone like you before you. The women in Gondor weren't usually as free or independent as you were. It was a little intimidating, although not enough to put Faramir off. It only served to make him more curious. So, he went to the one person he knew he could talk to from Rohan. Lady Eowyn.

"Why do you not ask her these things yourself?" Eowyn asked him one day and Faramir shrugged. "I would not know where to start. Y/N is a woman of mystery," he answered sadly. Eowyn shook her head fondly. "Not really. With Y/N, what you see is what you get. She is a fierce warrior with a slight rebellious streak. She is also a compassionate woman, although she can sometimes hide it behind a mask of coldness when she feels as though she must." Faramir listened to every word Eowyn said, not knowing that you were struggling with feelings of your own.

You had grown rather fond of Faramir in your time in Gondor. However, you believed he didn't have the same feelings for you. He did spend a lot of time with Eowyn and, as much as you wanted to, you wouldn't interfere with that. Eowyn was your friend and she deserved every bit of happiness she could get. So, you avoided Faramir as much as possible. When he was around and Eowyn wasn't with him, you would try to make conversation, but it never lasted long. You wanted so badly to tell him of your affections. Instead, you suffered in silence.

You were in the library of Gondor when they entered. Faramir stopped short, but Eowyn gently pulled him in. "Y/N, I was wondering where you'd gone off to!" Eowyn said excitedly, making you look up from the scroll your were reading. "Eowyn," you greeted with a smile before your eyes fell on Faramir. "Lord Faramir." Faramir forced a smile to his face.

"My lady." Eowyn rolled her eyes at the obvious tension between the two of you. "You two are hopeless," she muttered but you heard her anyway. "What do you mean?" Eowyn only smiled and replied, "Nothing at all. I think I will leave the two of you alone." True to her word, she turned on heel and left. "What do you think she meant?" you asked out loud.

"Perhaps she was talking about the fact that I cannot seem to talk to you, no matter how hard I try." You tilted your head in confusion, a strand of your (h/c) falling in your face. "What? Why would you want to talk to me?" It was Faramir's turn to be confused. "You mean you have not noticed?"

"Noticed?" Faramir ran his hand over his face. "Noticed that I have developed feelings for you." Your eyes widened in shock. "But-but I thought you were in love with Eowyn." Faramir chuckled softly. "With Eowyn? No. I admit she is a lovely young woman, but my heart is not with her." You stood up , letting the scroll you were reading roll back up.

"I just thought...I mean, you spend a lot of time with her." Faramir was actually laughing now and you glared at him. "I was speaking with her about you, my lady. I was unsure how to approach you and I asked her for help." You closed your eyes and shook your head at your own needless jealousy. "I really believed..." you trailed off when you opened your eyes to find him staring at you. "I hate to tell you that you were mistaken, but you were."

"I guess I was," you whispered. "So what do we do now?" he asked, just as quietly. You bit your lip and took a step closer to him. "I'm not sure." The air in the room was thick with the unspoken tension between you. Unsaid words lingered in the air like smoke, making it difficult to breathe. Faramir's hand moved of its own accord to come up and cup your cheek. His eyes darted to your lips, asking permission without a word. You nodded slightly and he captured your lips with his own.