Clothes (Dwalin x fem!hobbit reader)

You tripped over your dress again and this time, you went sailing into Dwalin. You mumbled an apology. You hated being out in the wilderness wearing that dress. It was far too long for this kind of journey. However, you didn't have the time to change into trousers when Bilbo had pulled you from your home the morning you both left the Shire with the dwarves. Dwalin grunted and helped you stand up straight again. "Ya shouldn't be wearing a dress out here, lass," he said before walking quickly ahead to join Thorin at the front of the company. "Don't I know it?" you whispered to yourself.

The next day, the company passed through a small village and you noticed that Dwalin disappeared for a time. "Balin, where's Dwalin gone off to?" The eldest dwarf shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows? He mentioned something about a need for new clothes? Bit odd if you ask me," he told you. You pondered for a moment, but then moved on to something else. It wasn't until you made camp that evening that you learned what Dwalin had been up to.

"Here, lass. Got ya some clothes. Can't have ya tripping over that dress anymore," he said, handing you a pile of clothes. You beamed at him. "Thank you, Master Dwalin!" you cried and then wandered into the woods so you could change. You placed the clothes on a nearby rock and picked up the trousers. You bit your lip. You weren't exactly the thinnest of hobbits. You had more curves than most hobbit women and those trousers looked like they would split if you put them on. Still, you were eager to get out of that dress.

The trousers actually weren't as bad as you thought. True, they were a bit snug but you didn't have to lace them very tightly. The shirt was a different story all together. The fabric was so snug, it pushed your breasts together and made them look even fuller. You had the feeling that the shirt would rip if you moved too much or too quickly. Still, you didn't want to hurt the feelings of the dwarf that had been so kind. You didn't get much chance to think about it though as the dwarf in question came stomping through the woods.

"Y/N! What's takin' ya so long?" he asked as he crashed through the bushes right in front of you. He pulled up short when he saw you. His eyes scanned you up and down and you could swear that you saw him blushing. "Them clothes...They are much too tight for ya, lass," he observed before averting his eyes. "Yes, I'm afraid they are a bit snug. I am not the smallest of hobbit ladies," you replied, a deep crimson now painting your own cheeks. There was silence for a moment before Dwalin spoke again, "Wait here, lass. It wouldn't do to have the other lads see ya like this."

He left you standing there confused, but returned a moment later with another bundle of clothing in his arms. "Here, these should fit ya better." You took them gratefully and gave the burly dwarf another bright smile. Dwalin gave a little cough and left you once again so you could change. You quickly did so and were amazed at how well the newer clothes fit. They hugged, but not too tightly and they had a familiar and comforting smell. You smiled and returned to camp.

The entire company kept smiling at you and exchanging knowing glances. Kili kept giggling like someone had told a joke. Everyone seemed to know something you didn't. Dwalin was the only one not doing or saying anything. He simply stared at you with a light pink dusting his cheeks. You sat down next to him and tried to ignore the laughter coming from everyone else. "Um, Master Dwalin? Why is everyone so excitable and acting so strangely this evening? Have I done something?" Dwalin shook his head.

"They're laughin' because you're wearing my clothes," he whispered. Your eyes widened. That was the familiar smell. The clothes smelled like Dwalin. The smell of nature, tobacco and just Dwalin. "Thank you, Dwalin," you said softly earning a grunt in return. You smiled again. Typical Dwalin. Another titter from Kili caused your head to snap in his direction. "Alright, that's enough! Are you all finished acting like children? I realize it is a somewhat amusing situation, but there is no reason to giggle like a bunch of school children!" you yelled. Dwalin took your hand in an attempt to calm you but you continued, "Dwalin saw that I was struggling and did his best to help me in the only way he could think which is more than I can say for any of you!"

Yourrant was met with silence for a moment, every dwarf looking at one another andthen at you in surprise. You hardly ever raised your voice. "She's right,lads. My apologies, Y/N," Bofur said, starting a string of apologies fromthe remaining members of the company. You stayed close to Dwalin after that,both of you blushing like mad. Acrossthe fire, Thorin sat with Gandalf and Balin. "Do you think he will tellher?" Thorin asked. "Who's to say, lad?" Balin answered,bringing his pipe to his lips.{$pE}