Family Time (Dwalin x elf!wife reader)

Dwarf children were rare. Dwarf children who were also half elf were even more so. Yet, here you were, with your eight month old son on your lap as your dwarf husband Dwalin stoked the fire in your home. Your son was babbling as you bounced him on your knees. Dwalin smiled at the sight of his little family that he never thought he'd have in his life.

Dwalin came over and took your son from you as he kissed your cheek. "Come here, my boy." You stood and stretched your limbs before heading to the kitchen to cook supper. From the kitchen, you heard Dwalin talking to his son and it made you smile. Dwalin was the best father you could have wanted for your children. He may not have always been patient, but everyone could see that he cared deeply for you and your child. He was home for dinner every evening and held you close every night.

He helped you in every way he could, except for cooking. Dwalin couldn't cook to save his life and you found out the hard way. You loved that he made the effort though. You sighed happily as you made dinner. Dwalin held your son in his arms and watched you move about the kitchen. Your son began to cry and you looked over your shoulder at the men in your life with a smile. "He is probably hungry. Give him to me. Will you stir this for me? Nothing else! Only stir it."

Dwalin chuckled and handed the baby to you. He watched in awe as you quickly feed the boy and shook his head when he saw that his son had fallen asleep right after feeding once again. You took the baby from the room and laid him down. You came back to find Dwalin sticking his finger in the food. "Dwalin!" The burly warrior actually jumped at the sound of your voice. You came up and placed a kiss to the top of his head.

Just as the two of you were about to sit down to eat, a cry came from the room. "I will go, Amrâlimê. You eat," Dwalin said, getting up. You continued to eat, but soon felt your eyelids begin to droop. When Dwalin returned to the dining area, he laughed to himself at the sight of you asleep at the table. He set the baby in his chair and gently picked you up and carried you to the bedroom. He kissed your forehead and went back to his son. The baby giggled and squealed when he saw his father and Dwalin shushed him gently. "We don't want to wake your Amad, do we?" Dwalin took the boy in his arms again and went to the bedroom where the fireplace was roaring. He sat down in the rocking chair and sighed in content. This was his family and he wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world.