Swept Away (Kili x fem!reader)

You hated how clumsy you were. You were always tripping over things, sometimes your own feet. You were surprised that you hadn't taken out the entire company with your clumsiness. In fact, the only time you weren't clumsy was when you were fighting. You felt fortunate that most of the time, the company found it endearing and even a bit funny. That is until that one afternoon. The Company's path took you alongside a river. If only you had known what would happen.

You were walking at the back of the company. Thorin insisted you walk back there after you tripped once and barreled into him. Kili and Fili had been kind enough to walk at the back of pack with you so you wouldn't be alone. You were chatting with them and you didn't notice the rock right in your path. Your foot hit the rock and you hit the water in the rushing river. Under normal circumstances, you were a terrific swimmer but the rapidly moving water was pushing you further and further away from the Company.

"Y/N!" you could barely hear over the sound of the water, but you would almost swear that it had been Fili that called your name. There was a splash somewhere in the distance. You felt yourself being pulled under the waves as you gasped for air before you were completely dragged under. No sooner were you dragged under did you feel two arms wrap around you and pull you back up. You heard heavy breathing mixed in with yours and you turned to see that it was in fact Kili that had saved you.

"T-thank you, K-Kili," you sputtered, still trying to get the water out of your mouth. "You sure are clumsy, Y/N," he managed to pant. He walked with you in his arm until you were both on shore. "Are you alright?" You both nodded in answer to Thorin's question as Balin wrapped a blanket around your shoulders. "I'm sorry, Kili," you whispered to him when you were walking at the back of the company again. He simply shrugged and flashed a smile.

Later that night, when you were sitting by the fire, Kili came and sat down next to you. "Kili?" He looked at you. He was still trying to squeeze water out of his thick locks. "Why did you dive in after me? You really didn't have to do that," you asked him. He simply stared at you for a moment, unable to think of a way to answer you. "It's because he fancies ya, lass!" Bofur called from across the fire. Your mouth fell open in shock and you turned to Kili.

He was staring at Bofur. "Kee?" you tried to get his attention. "I'm sorry, Y/N but I don't fancy you that way. I hope I haven't hurt your feelings." You pouted for a brief second but then grinned. "Of course not, Kili. I have feelings for someone else." You gave his knee a pat and got up. "Wait! Who?" You giggled and walked away without answering. Kili watched as you went and sat down next to his brother. You kissed Fili's cheek and laughed when Kili's jaw practically hit the floor. "I can't believe I didn't notice. I dove into a freezing river for her!" he yelled at Fili in jest. "Not my fault you dove in before I could, Kee." Kili sat next to the fire pouting for the rest of the night.