Perfect (Thorin Oakenshield x reader)

(a/n: Songfic based on Ed Sheeran's "Perfect".)

Thorin glanced sideways at you and couldn't fight the smile on his lips. After so long, you were finally married. Thorin had known you for years, most of his life in fact, and he'd wanted to ask for your hand long before. However, honor stood in the way. He didn't dare ask you to the be the spouse of a mere blacksmith. He wanted to ask as a king. As someone who could provide for you. As a man with a home.

He watched as your eyes lit up with joy and you turned your head to gaze at him. "What troubles you, husband?" Thorin shook his head with a smile. "I am simply thinking, Amrâlimê. Of how fortunate I am and how beautiful you look." You grinned. "I do not." Thorin took your hand and helped you to stand. "Come with me," he whispered, pulling you from the crowded room. "Thorin, we'll be missed," you giggled but followed him anyway.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

The two of you made your way out of the mountain. The spring air hit you and you laughed. Thorin watched you, eyes full admiration. You looked at him and smiled. "What?" In answer, Thorin pulled you close and began to sway, the sounds of the nightlife acting as your music. "You look perfect, Y/N. As always." You leaned in and pressed a slow, deep kiss to your new husband's lips.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

In that kiss, Thorin poured out every ounce of love he had for you. All the years of longing, of waiting to make you his spouse added up to that one intimate moment. He remembered everything he'd loved about you from the start. He remembered how strong you were. You could hold your own in battle and even give Thorin a good tongue lashing if necessary. You had waited for him longer than most people would wait for any man.

Thorin knew that he could count on you for anything. You knew his dream for Erebor and you shared in that with him. You knew all of Thorin's secrets and he knew yours. You pulled away from the kiss to stare lovingly into his aqua eyes. Thorin began to sway again, his eyes never leaving yours.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

After a moment, you stopped and kicked off your shoes. Sighing happily, you returned to Thorin's arms making him chuckle. You never had liked wearing shoes. Kissing you on the forehead,Thorin began humming. "We should head back," you murmured, "It is our wedding after all. The others will miss us." Thorin shrugged."I doubt that. They are undoubtedly doubled over drunk by now." You chuckled and kissed his cheek. "Then dance with me, husband." Thorin was quick to comply. "You are perfect," he whispered, pressing a kiss to your hair.