A Journey for Love (Kili x fem!reader)

You weren't supposed to be there. You were never supposed to be there. You weren't supposed to leave your home and your mother would be furious when you returned home. If you returned home. On your travels, you'd run into the Company of Thorin Oakenshield. Even though you only had limited experience fighting, Thorin let you join their quest. "Every weapon counts," was what he said. But you soon proved to be an expert healer, which pleased Thorin greatly. However, Thorin wasn't the reason you may not go home. It was his nephew, Kili.

From the very beginning, Kili had caught your attention. He was childish sometimes, but that was part of his charm. He was sweet, charming, and you could tell he cared. He wanted nothing more than to impress his uncle, but he never let it dim his light. He tried to remain upbeat and happy throughout the difficult journey. The two of you grew close quickly, but you never realized the depth of feeling Kili actually had for you. At least not until it was almost too late.

You were staring up at the Great Goblin, but Kili's eyes were on you. When you all had fallen into the goblin town, you had landed just so and twisted your ankle. Kili could see the pain you were trying to hide. If you somehow managed to get out, there was no way you could run on that ankle. In his heart, Kili knew he was going to lose you.

When Gandalf appeared, Kili did the first thing he could think of. He scooped you up in his arms and ran as fast as he could. You protested loudly, trying to get him to put you down. "I can run just fine, Kili." He looked at you, his dark eyes full of worry. "No you can't. I saw you twist your ankle. Just...let me get you out of here. Please? Then you can argue with me all you want."

You sighed and let him carry you. That is, until you fell down again. You landed on top of Kili, groaning in protest, especially when Bofur landed on top of you. You bit back a scream when Bofur shifted just enough to hit your injured ankle. You didn't want to draw any more goblins your way. "Bofur, take her," Kili said, handing you over so he could get out of the pile of dwarves and one wizard. Bofur took you in his arms, but you glared at him. "Put me down, Bofur," you ordered. Bofur didn't want to anger you, so he did what you commanded.

It was only a second later that goblins began to follow you. You turned to try and run, but pain shot through your leg from your ankle and you stumbled. Without a word, Kili picked you up again, glared at Bofur, and took off after the rest of the Company. You could see the anger all over the dwarf prince's face as he ran. You just knew he'd lay into you as soon as you were safe.

While Thorin was grumbling to the others about Bilbo, Kili carried you off a little ways and set you down. He started pacing, his hands going through his dark hair. "I told you to let me get you out of there, Y/N. Why do you have to be so stubborn?!" You shrugged a little. You'd always been stubborn. It was your biggest fault according to your mother.

"Why are you yelling?" Kili ran his hand over his face. "Because I'm upset! Because you couldn't put your pride aside for a few minutes to let me help you!" You crossed your arms over your chest. "I can take care of myself, Kili. Why do you care so much anyway?" Kili finally looked at you again. "I can't lose you, Y/N! Why can't you understand that? I can't lose you," his voice grew softer the longer he spoke.

You didn't reply. How could you? What could you say after that? "I didn't mean to. I didn't want to, Y/N. I didn't want anything to distract me on this journey. Then you came along and I...well, I-" he kept cutting off and stuttering, as if he didn't know what to say. "You what, Kili?"

"Instead of the adventure I was looking for, I found you," he whispered. You could tell he was embarrassed at admitting any kind of feeling that could be considered "weak". You smiled softly. "Kili, are you saying that you love me?" Kili nodded sheepishly. You took his hand in yours and pulled him down to sit next to you. "I love you too, Kee." His eyes widened. "You do?" You giggled and nodded. "I most certainly do." Kili grinned and reached over to cup your cheek with his hand. He pulled you to him and kissed you deeply.

Then, as suddenly as he'd kissed you, Kili pulled away. "I'm sorry," he squeaked and you laughed. You tried not to, but his adorable confused face reminded you of a puppy. Your light giggles soon turned into full on guffawing. "Don't laugh." You stifled it as best you could, but Kili's pout was turning up into a smile. Then, he joined in your laughter. When you giggles finally died down, you looked at him again. "I love you, Kili."